Intel Management Engine 8 driver for M18x R2 and win 7 64, which version?

ComPost007

Intel has 2 versions of the Intel management Engine 8 driver for win 7 64 listed on their download site.

Versions 8.1.2.1318, and version 8.1.2.1318 5M, both listed for the exact same OSes, and both listed as the latest.

So what is the difference, and which should I be using? They both seem to work, but the 5M driver is a bigger file, so I'm using that one currently.

Other than than, I have no idea what the differences are, or even what they do.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks.

Ah, OK, well I've already given the M18x R2 away with the 5M version installed on it, d'oh!

I didn't see any issues with it, and it seemed to install without a hitch or any complaints.

Its just that there's no explanation from Intel of the difference between the 2.

I guess at this point I can only hope that the new owner doesn't run into any issues with it, although so far everything's running perfectly.

But at least I'll know which version to install in the future, even if I don't know what the specific differences are. :)

Thank you very much for that info.