Where did my audio go?

stalte

I have had my m17x r4 for nearly 6 months and in the past couple of days my audio system is not detected by my computer. I reboot my computer several times and it seems to come back. I have all the latest drivers so I am not sure what is going on.

I'm a little new around here so any help would be great :)

That's actually what I was was thinking it was too. The dell technician that replaced my hard drive was really rough on my pc. I might crack it open and see if he missed something

When opening your laptop make sure you either follow a youtube video or the pdf manual available at the dell website. Also I am sure if a technician worked on it and your sound doesn't work anymore. That may something you can use to get them to look at it again.

Having the same problem here.

Im using a M17x r2. the icon in the tray shows a red cross ( no speakers or headphones are pluged in) and nothig happens if I plug a headphone. i tried reinstaling the driver, cheked the bios, (audio is activated). also tried this

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows audio playback problems

and nothig...

any idea?

THNX!!!

JT

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, dunno if it's really the same for me, but when I wake up my R4 from sleep, or when I change from the ati 7970 to iGFX+ati 7970 weeeeell sometimes the recon3Di is no more recognized ... The only solution that I found and which works every time is to reflash the bios of the pc. Would your code lines solve my problem ???

Thanks !

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue on my R4, sometimes the audio just went “puff” what I did before was turn off the laptop, remove the battery count to 10, put the battery back and everything worked again, that happened with Windows 7 ultimate, now that I’m on Windows 8 it doesn’t seem to happen, I guess it was a driver issue

I had this problem happen 2 times on my win 7 64bit, the solution that worked for me both times was to do a point restore, as the culprit was a driver from windows automatic update. When it works again, be selective when installing new updates, and always do a point save, or take a backup before updating.