gt725

chap

hello, im new to this here.

i have a pretty old laptop but i have a core2 quad ES edition that works with 3.5ghz but u need to use throttelstop for that.

the newer versions dont work for me unfortunately but the 3version does

has anybody any clue if there is anything i can do to get my gpu changed or more overclocked. ive read about some mod bioses for the gpu,

ive modded my bios by myself but there is not really a way to get a higher vcore on the gpu.

the 4850m has a pretty special gpu design so i dont really see a way to upgrade my gpu eversince i would have to change the heatsink but maybe that is possible

hello, im new to this here.

i have a pretty old laptop but i have a core2 quad ES edition that works with 3.5ghz but u need to use throttelstop for that.

the newer versions dont work for me unfortunately but the 3version does

has anybody any clue if there is anything i can do to get my gpu changed or more overclocked. ive read about some mod bioses for the gpu,

ive modded my bios by myself but there is not really a way to get a higher vcore on the gpu.

the 4850m has a pretty special gpu design so i dont really see a way to upgrade my gpu eversince i would have to change the heatsink but maybe that is possible

Welcome to T|I chap.

Unfortunately, the 4850m is the best that will run on your notebook. 100w TDP cards will not be able to be cooled well enough and will result in reduced clocks (I.e. not worth it). the 260m gtx 2.1 HE is compatible but a side-grade, not an upgrade. It's possible that some Quadros work full speed, but youd have to do research.

Maybe @svl7 can do something with the vbios so you can get a little more out of your GPU.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

well the thing is , my quadcore gets cooled pretty good i can run like 3.2-3.5ghz with 1.3vcore. 3.2 ghz go with 88°C, when i put away the plastic directly infront of the fan, temperatures drop immideatly to 60-70°C, so i think i would be possible to cool a big card as well, not the biggest but a bigger one , like my 4850 gets 530/1111Mhz and is chilly 77°C with furmark or atitool and with the plastiv bottom attached.

i use liquid cooling stuff on the heatsinks , this had made my temperatures better by 10°

i have tried flashing a bios on the 4850 with higher vcore but it doesnt change anything in the vcore. a higher vcore would be the best thing for me because i only have 35mhz+ on gpu and thats nothing

• 3 months later...