MSI GE60 VBIOS GTX 660m

Jostechino

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to mod my MSI GE60, the one with 8gb ram i7 and the GTX 660m.

There are some vbios on the net, one is the Dell edition, but will it work? Has someone tried it?

Can i save my vbios to back it up later? I already used nibitor and nvflash and those 2 programs does not work :s

I know that svl7 give a modded vbios or something to Forge at notebookreview, can i have it svl7?

But irst of all, i want to know if i can back up my vbios and to do it.

Thx to all and have a good day :)

Ps: sorry if english someties goes wrong, i'm from belgium

Hello Jostechino, welcome to TI!

First, you need 5 quality posts to download attachments, per the forum rules:

Minimum Post Requirements (updated 7/21/12)

• You must have a minimum of 5 posts to send a private message, download attachment, send another member an e-mail, set a custom avatar, download files from the forum download section or upload photos to a personal album.
  • Any attempt to circumvent this requirement with spam posts or e-mail requests for files will result in an infraction. Continued abuse of the forum rule will result in a permanent ban. There will be no appeals made once an administrator or super moderator has banned you permanently from this forum.

Then I'd suggest posting in svl7's Kepler thread: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
good day, if i do bios mod and fail to do it properly i wont be able to do a restore?

You can restore if you saved the other bios, ie the original. Sometimes a screwed bios flash can brick the laptop, so do so with care.

• 3 weeks later...