Calling all XM chip, 3930K/3960X and ultrabook owners! Heat-Spring TIMs for testing!

Are you interested and up to the task of testing Heat-Spring TIMs?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested and up to the task of testing Heat-Spring TIMs?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
    • I would like to chip in to fund a full kit.

UPDATED: I made a form for everyone to fill out so I do not have to try to find all the info over 4 different PMs and 4 different emails. This will streamline the process so I can see everything in 1 email and send you samples as fast as possible!

Everything you need to do is in Requirements spoiler. I have made this now as easy as possible for both parties. Also check the document section for all the important info on how to apply Heat-Spring(still working on this one. I did find all my photos. Just going to put it in a word file) and how to use and read data on Prescale pressure paper.

I also added a checklist in a word file to make it as easy as possible.

I also added privacy info on bottom of page

All of the testing and it's data will be submitted to Indium Corporation since they are giving us few samples to get started with. I want this is be as scientific as possible with as little margin of error. I want these results to be accurate so I will create a how to apply (TIM) and further instructions on what is expected so we are all turning in results that are consistent, factual, and impartial.

Background

I have been talking to Jim at Indium Corporation about buying an extremely small batch of TIMs about 10 to test in several models of laptops but after talking to him he is going to give us SOME FREE SAMPLES!!! I am looking for XM chip owners that can overvolt and overclock that use ICD or anything that is considered one of the best TIMs on market. I want to compare the performance when idling and burn test like Intel burn test and F@H. I will elaborate on what is expected below. Also I want to try these TIMs in ultrabooks that are known to run hot. I need experienced users that are willing to log and take detailed notes and turn them into spread sheets. I will mail the TIMs if I pick you for testing. These TIMs are extremely expensive so please be careful with them. I won't be able to afford to buy more/get more free samples. They range from $2.5-$15 apiece for small batches depending on size. So please do not waste Indium Corporations money or mine if I pick you. Even though Indium Corporation is giving us free samples I am still spending probably $100-200 shipping them to everyone. Also I WILL be trying 2-4 desktops. The 2-4 desktops that I want to try are the 3930K and 3960X. I want to use these because they have the most heat production and are best ones to do an extreme test on them. The hotter it runs the better for the test. The difference between a 4.5w m/k and a 87w m/k is little when you are working with below 60C or at least from my experience with TIMs. It is ~$15 dollars for a single 2x2 piece with an order of 300 dollars (20 pieces) so I don’t want to waste a single piece.

The people I am looking for are:

3930K and 3960X owners (2-4 pieces)

9xx XM 29xx XM and 39xx XM owners (20-40 pieces)

People with ultrabooks that run hot ASUS Prime? Sager 3610QM and such. (5-10 pieces)

Note I am putting my money on that only people will experience enough of a difference to justify the cost are those with ultrabooks that have poor cooling and those with XM chips that are pushing extreme temps but we will see :) AKA anyone above 60C should see a noticeable difference...at least that is my guess. I tested this in my netbook and it was a bust because of the crap heatsink. I know it won't work if you have bad contact and low pressure. I tried some pressure paper and it didn't even read lol.

Word "Heat-Spring Checklist" file. Basically everything below but in a very easy to follow checklist. Feel free and print it off if that is easier for you.

Details of requirements to get in on free samples.

1. You send me "Heat Spring Application Form". Name it as "Heat Spring Application Form Username" Example, "Heat Spring Application Form HopelesslyFaithful"

2. You must pay for shipping if you are out of the United States. (Canada/Mexico will be considered case by case depending on costs to ship.)

3. You have to have said chips or a special interesting situation to try it

4. You have to be willing to overclock to the max with voltage increases. (looking for people who are able to push 80-100C in system)

5. Collect detailed temps and max temps, clocks, and voltages with current TIM and post HWinfo CSV file (ambient temps are a plus but not required. A general idea would be nice.)

6. Collect the exact same detailed temps and max temps, clocks, and voltages with Heat-Spring TIM and post HWinfo CSV file.

7. If effective push clocks and voltages to new max level with Heat-Spring TIM and post HWinfo CSV file.

-The point of 5, 6, and 7 is to see how much the temps drop and then see how much more speed you can get until you hit old temps.

8. I will do for you….but I would like if you did it because it would save me a lot of time. Create a single graph comparing results.

Optional 9. Run F@H when not using computer to monitor long term temps and see how well it works and lasts and post HWinfo CSV file

-The point of this is to see how well Heat-Spring TIM holds over long term. This TIM should never have to be replaced.

10. I will complete on my own with my samples. I will be testing how well the material works with reusing it. As long as you don't crinkle/fold it. You should be able to reapply it. The material is a very fine sheet. It should stick to your copper heatsink...maybe permanently. As in you have to lightly scrape it off-indium diffuses with copper. Heat-Spring has a special coating to prevent this but it still sticks from what I have been told/understand.

11. I will do on my own which is make a complete graph comparing all results.

12. Take pictures and detailed notes of system specs and cooling system. I want to know what systems it was in and how it performed. I will have data accessible for each test for review and for combined results. If you can make a Power Point type show on your laptop that would be great!

13.I would like everyone to make a Power Point slide show of your system with results. I posted an example of my netbook so follow that. I'll make a new one with my other systems that'll give you a better idea later.

HWinfo tutorial requirements

Remember use file naming format listed below in spoiler.-* denotes 100% mandatory.

What I want to be recorded is a separate .csv file that has 5 mins of idle with current TIM and Heat-Spring.*

What I want to be recorded is a separate .csv file that has 1-4 week of usage with with current TIM and Heat-Spring. (I would like people to do long term test with both but if you refuse to do so let me know. We will work something out.)

What I want to be recorded is a separate .csv file that has minimum of 15-60 mins of burn testing using Intel burn test and F@H with current TIM and Heat-Spring.*

What I want to be recorded is a separate .csv file that has 5 mins of idle with Heat-Spring using new max clocks and voltages if Heat-Spring is effective.*

What I want to be recorded is a separate .csv file that has minimum of 15-60 mins of burn testing using Intel burn test and F@H with Heat-Spring using new max clocks and voltages if Heat-Spring is effective.*

I want idles, burn test, and long term tests done before I mail you samples. Along with PPS or something put together with description/pics of machine and cooling system.*

Also note I changed it. I want burn tests with F@H/Prime95 which ever you can do and Intel Burn test. Intel burn test destroys CPUs and is a great test but not 100% consistent, which is why I want both. Now if you are running 80C+ with Prime/F@H do not do Intel Burn test because you will hit TJMax! Test it with Heat-Spring after you change it if it works.

**Also when I say make at least 15 min run please make sure its at least 15 mins at max temp. It can take a computer a good 5-10 mins depending on ambient temps and cooling system to reach "max temps" so i need a good 15 mins at max temps to make a good graph for comparision. I just wanted to clarify that because i had to have someone remake a log because it was not consistent. Thanks and hope this clears everything up!**

Required Documents to be Filled out:

"Heat Spring Application Form HopelesslyFaithful"-example

"Heat Spring Application Form"-blank

HWinfo tutorial THANKS to STiHiaL!!!!-minor edits by myself

HWinfo logging to file with format .CSV which can be read with Microsoft Excel, and maybe it can be read with similar program like Openoffice/Libreoffice. Unclaimed data can be deleted or hidden.

1. You need to download HWInfo (HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools)

2. Starting HWInfo and opening Sensors screen:

1.png

3. Configuring Scan Interval (changing value in ms / 1000 ms = 1 s) and Sensors Display (while disabling/hiding unneeded sensors)

Set recording to 2 second intervals so 2,000ms. Record everything because for me when I disable stuff it still records so don't bother disabling anything. It is fairly easy to work with it in excel.

2.png

3.png

4. Start logging and type the name of logfile

4.png

5. Press Stop logging (when you finish logging) to save the logfile.

Name file with "USERNAME" "CPU" "TIM" "dates of test".csv Example, "HOPELESSLYFAITHFUL 920XM ICD 20120901 20121001.csv"

Myself and anyone else who is going to help will turn log files to charts/graphs

What is Heat-Spring?

It is a TIM from Indium Corporation. It is made out of Indium and has a thermal conductivity of 87w m/k from what I have read and been told. It comes as a thin sheet and is very malleable. I will update further later and provide as much data as I have. Most is from Indium Corporation since they are one of the only companies that test and make stuff with it.

Pros:

High thermal conductivity - 87w m/k. 19 times higher than ICD. 10 times higher than MX-4. 10 times better than AS-5 (AS-5 is 8.7w m/k????? better than ICD and equal to MX-4????)

Very low thermal resistance 40PSI+ (highly dependent on pressure will include image later. Image is in page 1-3 of thread)

Reusable - it "should" stick to copper heatsink after applied and burned in. Gives the ability to switch out CPUs and other benefits like saved time because you do not need to reapply.

Durability - It has showed in other tests to have virtually no loss in thermal resistance and thermal conductivity after long term use. Which means in the laptop and computer industry apply once and forget. This is largely do to from my understand that it is just pure Indium and a sheet of TIM not a paste so no worries of drying out or air bubbles.

????

????

Cons:

Expensive

Delicate - if it gets folded it will stick together and be unusable and (easy to tear???)

Conductive - not a big deal because there is no dripping or run off since it is a solid piece

Custom size - You have to order or cut to the exact size of CPU which may lead to waste if not taken into account.

???

If you know of a pro and/or con please PM or post and I'll add and double check it.

Die sizes/IHS size:

9xxXM - .5x.875" (1/2x7/8")

29xxXM - 12 x 24mm???

39xxXM - 10 x 22mm???

39xxK/X - 38mmx38mm (1.5x1.5")

Still need testers!!!-I have already mailed two sets of samples out but still have plenty left!

Current Testers: This list is not guaranteed until I finish the list of requirements and instructions and everyone agrees to it. So keep that in mind and still apply. I will be picking the most qualified people. People in US are preferred due to shipping costs. If you live in another country and want to pay shipping let me know we can work it out. I think I am getting enough pieces for 2-4 desktops and 20-40 laptops.

Apu71 (3610QM and 680m Sager NP9150)

Myself (920XM and 3720qm)

Reborn (920xm and 2 2920xm?)

????

????

????

????

????

????

????

????

????

People who said they want to but have not gotten back to me with address and test logs

eKretz (920XM)

extide (3930K)

STiHiaL (920XM)

SVL7????

DR650SE???

Jimbo???

Mobius 1-if repaste with ICD does not get better results than stock TIM

UPDATE: on a side note does anyone have a 3770K that has the garbage TIM in it and wants to try Heat-Spring? That might be interesting.

Graphs and Documentation

Please note all this documentation currently comes from Indium Corporation. It is not independent research or was independent research and is now owned/used by Indium Corporation. Some info down here I find a bit confusing and If anyone can better elaborate on it I would appreciate it! My biggest question/concern is the grease they use....what does 2 or 3 mil mean? How was that test run and how does lets say 3 mil affect bulk thermal resistance? Does 3 mil make it look worse than 1 mil? How does all that apply to TIMs for computers? I want to understand this data to make sure we have a good idea of this info and want to make sure we are not reading charts full of data that is lets say curved to show certain results

safety sheet of H-S

Prescale Ultra-low Film Documents/Directions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3feb1xjrjxkkdzj/Prescale%20Ultra-low%20film%20documents%2020121110232058.pdf

Safety Sheet

Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jq7ktherljg050/Indium%20Corporation%20safty%20sheet%2020120913130753.pdf

Video of Heat-Spring

Overview of Indium Corporation's Heat-Spring® Thermal Interface Material

Visit this page for all content below and more.

Compressible TIM (SMA-TIM) Heat-Spring® - Thermal Interface Materials

1500 hour 90C bake test

http://documents.indium.com/qdynamo/download.php?docid=482

Graphs:

heatspring-chart3_lg.gif

heatspring-chart1_lg.gif

heatspring-chart2_lg.gif

Glossary

I did not know what BLT meant...thought it was a sandwich...haha just kidding. Googled and found out it is Bond Line Thickness. Found this page with tons of terms. If you think there are more terms to add post/PM me and I'll add them.

NOMENCLATURE

Rcs - Contact resistance between two bare solids

RcTIM - Contact resistance of an ideal TIM

H - Hardness

P - Pressure

m - Mean asperity slope

kTIM - Thermal conductivity of the TIM

kp - Thermal conductivity of particles (fillers)

km - Thermal conductivity of the polymer matrix

RTIM - Thermal resistance of TIM (same as impedance)

BLT - Bond line thickness

Rb - Thermal boundary resistance

Rc - Contact resistance of TIM

DF - Density factor

Rjc - Junction to case thermal resistance

K - Consistency index in (5)

r - Radius of the substrate

C - Empirical constant in (7)

Rbulk - Bulk thermal resistance

Ea - Activation energy

A - Acceleration factor

G - Shear modulus

Refer to document - Storage shear modulus

Refer to document - Loss shear modulus

Greek - Refer to document. Forum does not support most of the characters.

Source-Ravi Prasher

http://weble.upc.es/ifsin/Block5/paper_proc7.pdf

If you contributed info and helped make this happen please PM me so I can add you to the list of contributors for credit!!!

STiHiaL-HWinfo tutorial

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxx

Archive

Note I am getting 9 2x2 samples but if anyone wants to do a large test of 50-100 people please read below!

Now if a ton of people want to try this and are willing to chip-in like 5 bucks or so for me to buy 20 2x2 pieces. I am willing to buy a full test kit worth but I need to know if people are willing to send me the few bucks for a full kit. I don't have $300 to fund a full kit....since I am still trying to sell my laptop and jobless. Now if someone buys my laptop...then I won't mind so much forking 300 bucks up for a test kit. So think of it if you buy it you are donating $300-$500 for me to buy a full kit and pay for shipping all the pieces to everyone. :)

Also since I am only able to fork out about 50-100 bucks for samples. If anyone wanted to just chip in a large chunk instead of their one piece that would be cool. I would be willing right now to chip in max 100 bucks if others chipped in 50-100 to reach the ~$300 for a full kit to test. Up to you guys.

Privacy Statement

I value your privacy very much so I take as many precaution as possible. I will never give out your address or real name. I will sensor everything I submit so that no private information is transferred to anyone. Your real name, address, and paypal accounts are all kept in a truecrypt file container that is triple encrypted so no one can ever get access to it but myself. For all testing charts only your NBR/TI name will be used.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

No one has posted I am not sure if you wanted posts. I am in your situation Hopelessly faithful. I have extremely limited income. I am willing to test and be thorough and precise. I tested in the ICD testing here as well as other admins have here. I have M18x R1 with 2960XM i am willing to put through the stress tests. I have already in past done extreme testing on it. Ive had just for seeing possible ran for a under a min 4.7ghz on 8threads in IBT max work load. Heat easily got to 100-105c range in no time. So even for longterm i could use a much lower multi and for muh longer to produce ssame heat envelope. 4.2-4.5Ghz in IBT will be most likely close to where this Indium would need to be tested at. Ive ran as high as 5.1+ghz i think in wprime 8thread so extreme testing wont be new to me. If i can come up with it I could try to fund shipping in the least. If i can ill cover a sample and shipping. I dont know if youve had any other applications other than Extide. I am willing to test let me know if I may be of interest to your study. This Indium seems to be groundbreaking technology. To think such a high quality tim which may if carefully handled be reusable. Will you have each person maintain a certain ambient temp or just wed record our current ambient temps during testing? Im surprised I dont see StamatisX, Brian, Michael and SvL7 signing up yet, perhaps later and i know SvL7 isnt back for a few weeks so that could be why too.

• Thumbs Up 1

you live in the states i'll pay for shipping just do the pre testing with ICD and i'll mail you one after you finish and post that. I'll have an example of what I want everything to look like the latest monday. So feel free and start testing. I am looking for burn tests with max clock at sustainable temps like 80-90sC. I don't need you to fry your chip just want to get best case scenario tests. I should have exampled it well enough so check out the terms and agreements

Just post in thread with this response so I know you agree to everything and we can get started and i'll add you to the list and send once you complete pretesting

User name

laptop-specs

TIM

if they agree to:

and

I will respond with a yes or no. If yes I will give you all the info you need.

All that would be no prob but i dont have ICD anymore. I could try to pick some up if necessary but i have a gigantic tube of Prolimatech PK-1 i mean huuuge lol. Can i use that? Or this is only ICD vs Indium? I can get to testing very soon if Pk1 is going to be okay. Ill post the above info after ive read your response.

Great then all is no prob. Do you want me to apply the PK1 fresh and test since my current paste job is probably 4+months. Im gonna guess a fresh paste job for the intitial test is preferred. I reread thread and got the concept. Likely the speed from last tinkering i have done for the initial test if it is to survive 1hour of IBT i need to be at 3.1-3.2ghz since last i had played around was near a range it could indefinitely maintain without overheat. Our target for the hour is 85-90c right so we have no skewed results of throttling cpus.

Here you go and thanks for allowing me to participate. Ill get to stuff ready tonight for testing in next day or so.

User name: MW86

laptop-specs: Alienware M18x R1, intel 2960XM with stock dual pipe XM heatsink, 8gb 1600mhz ram, Samsung 250gb SSD sata 3 model, Windows 7 home Premium 64bit, 7970m crossfire current gpu, will not use external notebook cooler but will use a 1inch lift in rear of notebook.

TIM: Prolimatech PK-1

if they agree to:

and

I will respond with a yes or no. If yes I will give you all the info you need.

Answer is Yes I agree to the terms.

As posted in another thread, i have tested ICD against MX-4 on my CPU when OCed using Vantage as the benchmark for temps the IC Diamond even tho it is not as conductive as MX-4 at MAX load the temps for me averaged 3C cooler with the IC Diamond as can be seen in the link posted below (yes multiple tests were run, GPU is not a concern BTW since it is always ice cold).

Also why do you need to be a XM owner to test this... Reguardless it will sell to all CPU types if it is a solid product.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m17x/686358-m17x-r4-heat-reduction-mod.html

• Thumbs Up 1

As posted in another thread, i have tested ICD against MX-4 on my CPU when OCed using Vantage as the benchmark for temps theaIC Diamond even tho it is not as conductive as MX-4 at MAX load the temps for me averaged 3C cooler with the IC Diamond as can be seen in the link posted below (yes multiple tests were run, GPU is not a concern BTW since it is always ice cold).

Also why do you need to be a XM owner to test this... Reguardless it will sell to all CPU types if it is a solid product.

M17x R4 heat reduction mod

Mostly because the target of the study is to be the hottest temps on the market now. If non xm only got to 90c in ICD and on Indium it was vastly lower it does show gains but they want to see the gains that are from extreme testing since it will show less difference in temps and show for thermal needs beyond just laptops but who knows servers that Indium may be the best thermal material on the market. If you test in IBT or Folding at home and you can overclock high to create enough heat for the indium than Hopelesslyfaithful may let you test without an XM. Bit you need then to use baseclock. Besides that XM can set beyond stock locked chips wattage of 45watt...though they can cme close to 55... xm starts at 55 and can maintain as high as 120-130 watts at most throughput. 122 constant for me in past much higher ive seen fluctuations.

Since the ivy chip you have is clockable to +4 bins over stock turbo boost you can probably push the indium pretty good and would give the M17x R4 a good run on the burn in test. Im sure you can push your heatsink enough with your rig so i hope hoplessly faithful doesnt mind.

Gotta in the difference in heatsinks, as with models that run the XM 3920-3940 have the three pipe setup (m18x) as with the R4 running a 2pipe setup, so even if i had the 3920XM the results would not be comparable other than with that specific revision. As i'm sure you know the 3pipe heatsink is superior over the 2pipe with cooling. This test should be used to measure against all chipsets for unlocked CPUs that can hold a heavy OC to measure against other thermal pastes/pads, only makes sense to me. As in longevity of the product thats a whole other story, as some of us repaste for the sport of repasting :glee:

Gotta in the difference in heatsinks, as with models that run the XM 3920-3940 have the three pipe setup (m18x) as with the R4 running a 2pipe setup, so even if i had the 3920XM the results would not be comparable other than with that specific revision. As i'm sure you know the 3pipe heatsink is superior over the 2pipe with cooling. This test should be used to measure against all chipsets for unlocked CPUs that can hold a heavy OC to measure against other thermal pastes/pads, only makes sense to me. As in longevity of the product thats a whole other story, as some of us repaste for the sport of repasting :glee:

Lol its all good. I have original 2pipe heatsink for this M18x r1 with 2960xm. Any extreme testing comparison is important so if you test with your ICD and then Idium under same conditions the results are comparable beacause then it has been done right. If they are equal we will see that if temps are lower on Indium we will see that and then are required to do a third test run being on Indium on the run and we are to set the best clock speed we can atttain and have the same temps as the ICD run after the hour... we in theory will see a max temp we can have on ICD personally for our own system based on our own systems equiped heatsink and a result of indium on same speed with temp for comparson...should be lower. Then the third run results are about same temps as first ICD run but we have a new speed to compare. This speed should be higher than the ICD and first Indium run. It would be hgreat to see that Indium alllows a 100-400mhz boost on full 8thread load ofor an hour. Temp is what we see different and speed is what we get that we can use if Indium is superior to ICD.

It's all about preventing the CPU from throttling down due to heat over long periods of time, i mean as in maybe 100-200Mhz throttling down. At a certain point even with the greatest heat transfering paste/pads, the Heatsink will end up being the bottle neck, there is a good possibility that the ICD has reached the pipes transfer limits as i believe it has been reached, but i want to be wrong on this because we all know watercooling for notebooks is still about 3-5 years out (hopefully at the most 5 years!).

With that being said i had the access panel off my system and wanted to guage the temps of the GPU pipes and CPU pipes and i was surprised. As i touched the CPU pipes and the GPU pipes at the same time over the base of the chips the heat was noticeably higher on the GPU pipes, but the CPU temps read about 15C higher with HWinfo. Now i'm thinking of taking measurements with a meter directly on the pipes to see the actual temp transfer difference.

It's all about preventing the CPU from throttling down due to heat over long periods of time, i mean as in maybe 100-200Mhz throttling down. At a certain point even with the greatest heat transfering paste/pads, the Heatsink will end up being the bottle neck, there is a good possibility that the ICD has reached the pipes transfer limits as i believe it has been reached, but i want to be wrong on this because we all know watercooling for notebooks is still about 3-5 years out (hopefully at the most 5 years!).

With that being said i had the access panel off my system and wanted to guage the temps of the GPU pipes and CPU pipes and i was surprised. As i touched the CPU pipes and the GPU pipes at the same time over the base of the chips the heat was noticeably higher on the GPU pipes, but the CPU temps read about 15C higher with HWinfo. Now i'm thinking of taking measurements with a meter directly on the pipes to see the actual temp transfer difference.

The test is supposed to be like the one described in OP. It is for XM since we know it will trhottle the test can be started at a target mhz that wont throttle. Who knows maybe 3-3.1ghz for an hour i IBT. I can set my cpu throttle to 90c in bios. TheOP says target 85-90c or close there in. I plan to use same ambient temp and fans on max from start of test and through. This way fans responding to temp has no bearing on paste performance in comparison. They would get equal fan speed and cooling and ambient temp in all three test rns. Plus there needs to be long term test data as in OP says and the results recorded via hwinfo logging function.

Feel free to perform your own set of tests on difference of temps kn copper vs copper temps on a run of ICD vs Indium or what you are going to try . Hopelessly faithful is looking for results with data in same flrmat from each person. If you run other tests and find other findings we all woukd be glad to hear of the results. Follow OP above on how to apply for testing if you want to be sent the Indium to try. Your initial test of ICD is required with full results sent before Indium is sent. Were not testing throttling we are testng sustained speeds and temps. Throttling will throw results off. Start test at lower mhz if it seems it will thrittle half way through... then test jndium at same speed. Then test how much higher jn speed you can set cpu while hittng the same temps from ICD run ie about 85-90c max. Higher and built in throttle kick in. I can set bios to 95c throttle via hex editor and custom bios flash... then still test at 90c as goal so if it hits 90 it doesnt just drop... plus you may run out of enough amps and watts to maintan whatever Indium can handle. Just PM Hopelesslfaithful to see if you can use yours. But its not like the difference between mx-4 and ICD its much more of a cooling temp difference hsing Indium accordimg to this companies statements.

• Thumbs Up 1

Count me in if such a possibility exists. Maybe the OP can let us know?

Count me in too since I dont know how repairs are going I have to cancel Hoplesslyfaithful since i have system issues that need repair. I will still participate but i must waot a bit till my system is repaired.

currently at post 11 so got still some catching up to do. i got exams all this week so sorry for being slow. I just got some more pressure paper in and trying to figure out where i can get it analyzed. Also for testing we will use intel burn test.....holy crap that eats your CPU up. F@H gets me 55-60ws and intel burn test gets me to 60-67watts and added 10-15C O.o

Exactly bro if you dont mind when i have a sec ill post a preliminary run to atleast compare on current paste and a few months old at that. Will you be poating your netbook results so i have a format to follow?

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

hey guys i would like to use XM chips because they give us the most amount of room to test adding more power and voltage if it works. Also most systems with XM chips have better cooling and give a room look at performance. I would love to try thought the clevo netbook with 3610 and 650 since it runs super hot. Also if you got an interesting situation i would love to test it. I also got my fujifilm pressure paper so I can start testing. Sorry for being so flaky...fell super behind and failing managerial account lol so been busy trying to learn it. I took financial accounting like 3.5 years ago online while away and i don't remember a damn thing of it and one chapter required all the basis of financial accounting so i fell super far behind. I don't think anyone here PMed me agree to do testing with mailing me an address. I'll start mailing this week because i'll have time and i'll change a few things up. I want to do a test of prime95/F@H and a test of intel burntest. Intel burn test is nuts but it is inconsistent with power draw so i would like to do both tests for comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

No problem Ill gather what I can and Ill still need to run the longer term log of HWiNFO to provide week plus of data too. Ill be able to participate after all.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

week is plunty to be honest and that is optional so as soon as you PM me address and idle, intel burn test and F@H/Prime95 test I'll mail you the sample while you gather week long test. mw86 I have not gotten info from you yet so please PM me and if you already PMed me than sorry I lost it and resend. I'll add you to complete list once i get those things. Also anyone else not on top of the list please PM me everything so I can add you and send samples. I will be going through samples of peoples logs today/tomorrow and getting back to them and mailing samples off this week I hope.