m17xR3 A10 unlocked BIOS Briked

AlexSuru

Hy All,

I installed sucsesfully A10 unlocked BIOS (from SVL7) and I upgraded the GPU to AMD HD 7970M (from 6870M). All was working except the CPU witch was downgraded to 800MHz (i7-2700Q at 2.2 MHz).

I started the Overcloking in the BIOS hoping to have a better frequency. After restart my Allienware M17xR3 is just doing 8 fan speedups from time to time and I have no screeen (I can't enter BIOS).

How can I resst BIOS to defaults (Overcloking DISABLED) because I have tryied nearly every step witch I found on the WEB with no hope:

A) removed power and battery+removed BIOS battery+keep pressed power for 60 seconds - not resetting;

B) removed power and battery+removed BIOS battery+keep pressed power for 60 seconds + removed memory modules (both) -Laptop makes 2 beeps - no acces to BIOS;

C) removed power and battery+removed BIOS battery+keep pressed power for 60 seconds + removed memory modules (both) + removed CPU - Laptop does not boot

Any other choices? Please HELP I'm stranded!

Remove the power, battery and CMOS battery and then bridge the CMOS battery pins on the motherboard with a screwdriver. This will reset the BIOS. If you still have a problem then you have a bigger issue.

Also, try the forum at Notebookreview.com as it's still very active over there.