Lenovo ThinkPad X250 / X260 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Klem

• Bios Modder

In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad X250, X260.

If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.

Important!

For creating your personal bios dump and to flash your bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

CH341A.jpg

CH341A programmer:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313&_nkw=USB+Programmer+Ch341&_sacat=0

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ch341a&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt

https://www.amazon.ca/programming-EEPROM-Programmer-EZP2010-RT809H/dp/B075CGH1X1/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=SOIC8+clip&qid=1631766855&s=electronics&sr=1-18

How to use it:

Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.

Note: 

Each bios mod prepare personally and based on your personal bios dump which contain your personal data like Serial numbers, UUID, Service TAG, MAC addresses, Windows keys, NVRAM settings, etc.

For creating your personal bios dump and to flash bios mod, you need use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios (from your laptop) using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I bought an X250 with Supervisor password. I was able to access most of the settings in BIOS but not Virtualization. In my desperate attempts to somehow reset the Supervisor password, I have entered it 3 times, of course the wrong one and then I was locked out of Windows and BIOS with the error: 199 system security - security password retry count exceeded. The only thing I can do is to enter the correct password which of course I don't know.

So, my kind request, if someone could please help me modify my BIOS dump in order to at least reset the incorrect password count so I can at least use my laptop like before, even with the Supervisor password, that will be great.

If the Supervisor password can be removed, that will be perfect.

Here is the BIOS dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qyqdnakn7fsvcs/bios1.zip?dl=0

Thank you!

• Bios Modder
26 minutes ago, Marian97 said:

Hello!

I bought an X250 with Supervisor password. I was able to access most of the settings in BIOS but not Virtualization. In my desperate attempts to somehow reset the Supervisor password, I have entered it 3 times, of course the wrong one and then I was locked out of Windows and BIOS with the error: 199 system security - security password retry count exceeded. The only thing I can do is to enter the correct password which of course I don't know.

So, my kind request, if someone could please help me modify my BIOS dump in order to at least reset the incorrect password count so I can at least use my laptop like before, even with the Supervisor password, that will be great.

If the Supervisor password can be removed, that will be perfect.

Here is the BIOS dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qyqdnakn7fsvcs/bios1.zip?dl=0

Thank you!

Hi!

No, I don't work with any bios passwords.

Hello Klem, I'm searching to upgrade my x260 with the following drive:

SSD TOSHIBA RC100 (240 GB - M.2 2242 - PCIe 3.1

Would this be possible with an unlocked bios? 

Thank you very much in advance for your guidance and assistance!

• Bios Modder
15 minutes ago, Psi said:

Hello Klem, I'm searching to upgrade my x260 with the following drive:

SSD TOSHIBA RC100 (240 GB - M.2 2242 - PCIe 3.1

Would this be possible with an unlocked bios? 

Thank you very much in advance for your guidance and assistance!

Hi!

May be you can explain exactly, what the problem?

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi!

May be you can explain exactly, what the problem?

Hello Klem, thank you for the speedy response. 

Tried out the Toshiba drive but cannot get it recognized to install win10. From other sites gathered that Lenovo only allows whitelisted wifi cards. So I was wondering, if your modded bios will allow to recognize the drive and use it as a bootable m.2 nvme drive. 

Thank you again! 

• Bios Modder
11 hours ago, Psi said:

Hello Klem, thank you for the speedy response. 

Tried out the Toshiba drive but cannot get it recognized to install win10. From other sites gathered that Lenovo only allows whitelisted wifi cards. So I was wondering, if your modded bios will allow to recognize the drive and use it as a bootable m.2 nvme drive. 

Thank you again! 

Ok. Now I understand. Unfortunately unlocked bios can't help to recognize SSD in m.2 slot. It's Lenovo design for x260 laptop model.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2019 at 1:49 AM, Klem said:

Ok. Now I understand. Unfortunately unlocked bios can't help to recognize SSD in m.2 slot. It's Lenovo design for x260 laptop model.

Rats.

Joined T|I forums just now to see if removing BIOS hardware whitelisting could facilitate using a M.2 2242 NVMe SSD for in the X260 WWAN PCIe port.

So you're saying the X260 board architecture itself doesn't have NVMe lanes to support using the WWAN PCIe port for an SSD? Getting rid of BIOS whitelisting would allow other WWAN cards to be used but nothing else?

• Bios Modder
41 minutes ago, hoptoit said:

So you're saying the X260 board architecture itself doesn't have NVMe lanes to support using the WWAN PCIe port for an SSD?

Yes.

• 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder
19 minutes ago, ypjomz said:

Hi can you whitelist and bios advance unlock. Thanks, will pm you.

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, TrentWP said:

I was not 100% sure if I correctly dumped my bios. The file linked was what I dumped. Will that work or did I do it incorrectly?

I checked your file, yes your bios dump is correct.

• Bios Modder
32 minutes ago, TrentWP said:

Any chance you can do the whitelist and advanced bios unlock ?

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. I sent it to you in PM.