Clevo P650RS , Gtx 1070 crash when i play with the ac charger plugged

I was trying different options to find a temporary solution, I got to put it in Discret mode (so I'm always using the dedicated card) and reached a point that the screen went off without having it connected (there was thought to be the video card that was damaged) try to install the bios updates, and it did not work, try to install the vga bios of the card, and nothing, I'm waiting for a response from Eluktronics, if not, use the laptop as multimedia

I've even tried to make UnderClock to the gpu and nothing

I need help please!!!

1 hour ago, BAKED said:

Are you sure you have a big enough PSU?

I have the original laptop charger, I wanted to see if it was bios problem so I updated it to the latest version and nothing, so I want to deal with a custom bios or a vbios custom of the Gtx 1070 8gb Mobile

5 hours ago, BAKED said:

Do you mean you force it to use the CPUs GPU (IGPU) or the Nvidia card (dGPU)?  

when I use the dGPU.
I can use the iGPU connected to the A / C while the dGPU does not, I get BSOD that says video_tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys

Just now, ElChuterRD said:

when I use the dGPU.
I can use the iGPU connected to the A / C while the dGPU does not, I get BSOD that says video_tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys

Aight! Try this: Uninstall intel graphics driver in control panel - restart - get the latest from intel and install - restart - get the latest geforce drivers and check the box "Do a clean install"

I hope this will help you.

Cheers!

Edited by BAKED

9 minutes ago, BAKED said:

Aight! Try this: Uninstall intel graphics driver in control panel - restart - get the latest from intel and install - restart - get the latest geforce drivers and check the box "Do a clean install"

I hope this will help you.

Cheers!

I have already done it and nothing, I do not know what it can be, I would like to download the modded bios but I still can not have the privileges to do it.

• 11 months later...

Hey man,

I am having the exact same issue. Thought it could be because of a bad solder joint, but I'm not proficient enough to fix that. Were you able to find a solution to your problem? I noticed also that "sometimes", after playing for a while on battery, and the CPU gets hot enough, around 58 degree Celsius, I can plug the AC and all works fine. This happens only from time to time. Quite randomly and weird.

15 hours ago, Sabbianinja said:

Hey man,

I am having the exact same issue. Thought it could be because of a bad solder joint, but I'm not proficient enough to fix that. Were you able to find a solution to your problem? I noticed also that "sometimes", after playing for a while on battery, and the CPU gets hot enough, around 58 degree Celsius, I can plug the AC and all works fine. This happens only from time to time. Quite randomly and weird.

I'm afraid you need a reballing, I could never solve it, I thought I could solve it by lowering the voltage of the card, but even so, what I was doing was disabling the 1070 and using the intel card, nor with the help of our baked I could solve the failure.

If you have the computer warranty, I recommend that you use it

7 hours ago, ElChuterRD said:

I'm afraid you need a reballing, I could never solve it, I thought I could solve it by lowering the voltage of the card, but even so, what I was doing was disabling the 1070 and using the intel card, nor with the help of our baked I could solve the failure.

If you have the computer warranty, I recommend that you use it

Hey, thanks for the reply.7So you flashed this baked BIOS and it was not fixed? Bad news, I had quite a high hope about it....

I will had to make a reballing, as you suggest.. sadly the PC is not under warranty anymore

3 hours ago, Sabbianinja said:

Hey, thanks for the reply.7So you flashed this baked BIOS and it was not fixed? Bad news, I had quite a high hope about it....

I will had to make a reballing, as you suggest.. sadly the PC is not under warranty anymore

There are people who work to lower the voltage of the graphics card, you could try

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later...