580m SLI, no SLI option

Ooglier

I just received my m8x in the mail. After initial boot I noticed that there was no SLI option in the NVIDIA Control Center. I attempted to re-install drivers using the safe-mode, driver sweeper, etc method, but no SLI option has shown up in any version (latest DELL, 296.10 and 301.10 laptop2go).

Both cards appear in the BIOS and in GPU-Z, so I'm thinking this must be a software issue.

I'm hoping one of you gurus has some wisdom to share, because I've exhausted my ability to troubleshoot and really don't want to RMA a laptop that cost as much as a used car.

Thanks!

• Founder

Welcome to Tech|Inferno! Sounds like the SLi cable is not properly connected. You may have to call AW technical support so they can dispatch a tech to help you with that. Alternatively, if you feel comfortable enough, you could open it yourself and check the SLi links.

Welcome to Tech|Inferno! Sounds like the SLi cable is not properly connected. You may have to call AW technical support so they can dispatch a tech to help you with that. Alternatively, if you feel comfortable enough, you could open it yourself and check the SLi links.

I feel comfortable, but I don't know what I'm looking for. Is there a dagram somewhere? Thanks!

I feel comfortable, but I don't know what I'm looking for. Is there a dagram somewhere? Thanks!

here is the teardown but AMD video cards are shown so instead of a blue cable you see a tan color one instead mostly the only difference. the SLI cable just pushes on to a connector from top down like the monitor cable

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m18x/970-m18x-teardown-guide-quick-dirty-edition.html#post11167