EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Mengqin

Way to make Intel UHD 620 graphics driver to works in windows 7 (no crash in video play back, 3D function normally)

I don't remember, but you can try it personally. If video playback work, it reduce the gpu performance for gaming, but if it doesn't work, it should get a better and nice performance. If you  try it and video playback doesn't work but you only want video playback work, reply my, and i will be working on it: Win 8.1 x64 with video playback drivers...

On 5/2/2019 at 8:46 AM, JoseeP001 said:

The version is not the problem, that happens when you dont modify the files properly. So, i have uploaded it, you can check in my last post on march 31. This is the link of those drivers: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1El7pjIjzfwinQcj_FwZru-Jha_qonZTH

It should work properly. I'm sure.

Colombia in the house!

I installed this by running the Setup.exe. I had no errors, but nothing is changed in my Device Manager it still shows my Display Adapters as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter".
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.190516-0600)
System: Lenovo IdeaPad 330S-14IKB (81F4018RGE) BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 05.12.097SCN26WW  

CPU: Intel Core i3-8130U , Graphics UHD 620

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5917&SUBSYS_396B17AA&REV_07

I have other problems too, but probably they are not related to the graphics: Windows 7 touchpad-usb-does-not-work-after-fresh-install on Lenovo 330S

Edited by bako62

1 hour ago, bako62 said:

I installed this by running the Setup.exe. I had no errors, but nothing is changed in my Device Manager it still shows my Display Adapters as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter".
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.190516-0600)
System: Lenovo IdeaPad 330S-14IKB (81F4018RGE) BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 05.12.097SCN26WW  

CPU: Intel Core i3-8130U , Graphics UHD 620

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5917&SUBSYS_396B17AA&REV_07

I have other problems too, but probably they are not related to the graphics: Windows 7 touchpad-usb-does-not-work-after-fresh-install on Lenovo 330S

You only should to download and install it by running igxpin.exe, and it should work correctly if you has Intel UHD 620 graphics. (Remember allowing this driver installation)...

image.png.16ed69a7b3e87adff706a298957236b2.png

Driver: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1El7pjIjzfwinQcj_FwZru-Jha_qonZTH/view

16 hours ago, JoseeP001 said:

You only should to download and install it by running igxpin.exe, and it should work correctly if you has Intel UHD 620 graphics. (Remember allowing this driver installation)...

image.png.16ed69a7b3e87adff706a298957236b2.png

Driver: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1El7pjIjzfwinQcj_FwZru-Jha_qonZTH/view

I ran igxpun.exe but nothing happens. I ran it as user and as administrator. Nothing shows up.  This window "Install this driver software anyway" does not appear.  It seems the files got copied, for example on my C: drive has...

igdumdim64.dll size 89.2 MB (93,561,544 bytes)

in these two directories:

C:\Windows\System32
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_neutral_6ecd0e23864da797

Edited by bako62

Th

3 hours ago, bako62 said:

I ran igxpun.exe but nothing happens. I ran it as user and as administrator. Nothing shows up.  This window "Install this driver software anyway" does not appear.  It seems the files got copied, for example on my C: drive has...

igdumdim64.dll size 89.2 MB (93,561,544 bytes)

in these two directories:

C:\Windows\System32
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_neutral_6ecd0e23864da797

This is a special case, because if you run it but it doesn't start, it is other kind of problem...

I recommend you to format your computer and then try it, I can not think of anything else, because it's very strange that you can not even start the installation.

Hello,  Does anyone know if these drivers work with Intel UHD 630?  Is it possible to modify the UHD630 drivers in the same manner to get them to work in Win 8?  thanks

The perfect driver for Intel UHD 620 for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 for 8th geneneration intel processor

======================================================================================

Follow the steps in the following link

https://www.texpion.com/2018/06/Intel-7th-and-8th-generation-processor-graphics-driver-for-Windows-7-8-8.1.html

You can use 7zip App to extract the .exe driver file in a custom folder.

prepare Windows to accept unsigned drivers by the following steps

[

Shift + “Restart”.
Choose another option
Select “Troubleshoot“.
Select “Advanced Options“.
Select “Startup Options“.
Select “Restart“.
A menu will appear where you can press “7” on your keyboard to choose “Disable driver signing enforcement“.

]

After restarting the PC in the selected required mode yo can run the Driver setup file from the custom folder.

Wishing good luck for all.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:46 AM, JoseeP001 said:

The version is not the problem, that happens when you dont modify the files properly. So, i have uploaded it, you can check in my last post on march 31. This is the link of those drivers: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1El7pjIjzfwinQcj_FwZru-Jha_qonZTH

It should work properly. I'm sure.

Colombia in the house!

Hi, I'm new here, I'd like to ask you or anyone alse who has the driver working properly to share... it may be in any kind...torrent..mega...google drive...
I do need this driver...I have so far everything less the video driver working on my windows 7 64 bits
My CPU is a intel 8º 8250u with igpu INTEL UHD 620 ...
Regards, 
ps.: Thanks for the great job you've done here....it should be INTEL !

2 hours ago, alvaro_lordelo said:

Hi, I'm new here, I'd like to ask you or anyone alse who has the driver working properly to share... it may be in any kind...torrent..mega...google drive...
I do need this driver...I have so far everything less the video driver working on my windows 7 64 bits
My CPU is a intel 8º 8250u with igpu INTEL UHD 620 ...
Regards, 
ps.: Thanks for the great job you've done here....it should be INTEL !

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XtqM6vj2yeVBb82mXNJLoS-h4hIpDx4h

This is the lastest version, My CPU also is i5 8250u with Intel UHD 620 graphics...

Please can you tell me if your download works out of the box for 8.1 too, with inf and dlls modded? Thanks

I realized that my hd 620 is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916 and not PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5917... Does the hack work anyway? thanks

Hello, did someone here got hardware acceleration all up and running? Mine was crashing in editing software, Windows Media Player and VLC Media Player. I did all the modifications in the post.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:14 AM, Klopsidlo said:

Hello, did someone here got hardware acceleration all up and running? Mine was crashing in editing software, Windows Media Player and VLC Media Player. I did all the modifications in the post.

Hi. I don't have knowledge of reverse engineering, so I had found a solution to avoid crashing in VLC, Gom player etc (I could also play 4K videos), but with Windows Media Player only audio was working. Other than that, I had all aero effects and everything was working, however, what I did was a trick to mimic compatibility at least in part, but that didn't actually provide hardware acceleration, it was only enough to avoid crashes, to keep compatibility with 3rd party players and also have aero effects. You can try it as a backup plan.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/topic/12141-intel-core-i7-8th-gen-with-windows-7-intel-uhd-graphics-620-driver-dell-inspiron-5770/

However, the original poster here did some reverse engineering as you read and fixed some files to also provide hardware acceleration not just mimic compatibility but actually give as well (hardware acceleration and everything). Since the time he had posted, I have been using his method instead all these years and I am typing at the moment from this laptop, I have never had any issues so far. Do you have a slightly different Intel Graphics card perhaps?

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 8:59 AM, Mivas said:

Hi. I don't have knowledge of reverse engineering, so I had found a solution to avoid crashing in VLC, Gom player etc (I could also play 4K videos), but with Windows Media Player only audio was working. Other than that, I had all aero effects and everything was working, however, what I did was a trick to mimic compatibility at least in part, but that didn't actually provide hardware acceleration, it was only enough to avoid crashes, to keep compatibility with 3rd party players and also have aero effects. You can try it as a backup plan.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/topic/12141-intel-core-i7-8th-gen-with-windows-7-intel-uhd-graphics-620-driver-dell-inspiron-5770/

However, the original poster here did some reverse engineering as you read and fixed some files to also provide hardware acceleration not just mimic compatibility but actually give as well (hardware acceleration and everything). Since the time he had posted, I have been using his method instead all these years and I am typing at the moment from this laptop, I have never had any issues so far. Do you have a slightly different Intel Graphics card perhaps?

I am sorry for the late reply. I don't think I have a slightly different Intel Graphics Card, it is UHD 620, DEV_5917.. 

The issues went away, not sure what I did. Except the white screens when playing videos or gifs from the web.

Just a question if I'm not too late, do you get white screens for split seconds when attempting to play videos from the web in Windows 7? It could be an exclusive issue to Windows 8.1.. 

EDIT: Okay, after going through the horrors of installing Windows 7 on an NVMe and hoping legacy boot won't screw anything up, I can say that using this modified driver in Windows 7 doesn't seem to cause any issues for me. Both monitors work, VLC hardware acceleration works out of the box, the screen doesn't turn white for split second when trying to play videos from YouTube, playing 3D games also works. It is a perfect escape from Windows 10 you could say!

Thank you Mengqin for making this possible!

Edited by Klopsidlo