Alienware m14x CPU Upgrade

raymosrunerx

Hello all,

So I just realized that with an i5 processor, the best clock rate I can possibly get is 1333. I read somewhere that you can easily change the processor on the m14x since it isn't soldered into the board. Are there any recommendations for cheap, mobile i7s?

Thanks!

Raymosrunerx

As Alroar said you would know if you flashed the unlocked bios. Uprgarding a cpu for better ram speed is silly. Upgrading a cpu to have more calculation power is not. XTU will fail autotune every time XTU cant change some values correctly including ram and amperage and much more and is why its used for only what its good for like multipliers on XM and watts for xm/non-xm. I did get autotune to complete but was rather lame. It set 100.3 baseclock and mem volts at 1.6v anything else it left stock. Dont bother use manual tune you can overclock better than Intels algorithm. It wasnt easy and not worth it.. Upon every reboot it requested to change something i had to know what that was and change it manually upon reboot so the value was correct uppn staartup. Dont bother with Autotune on an Alienware laptop. Just use it to change what you need ;) i have alog file would you like to read it?

Is the highest cpu M14x can take the 2860QM? Its not a bad chip if found cheap... but not likely?

Edited by mw86