M14X Fastest and Most amount of supported Ram?

I thought that the Sandy Bridge line can use up to 32gb and max in bios I thought is 2133mhz ram... I don't have M14x but I do remember Azn getting 1866mhz ram working... So 16gb shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if it has 4 dimms or two if two you'll need higher capacity sticks per stick than 4dimms. What kind of ram you looking to get, how much they charging? I'm pretty sure someone has M14x with 16gb ram in it.

You will need windows 7 pro or ultimate to use more than 16gb of ram :(

Edited by mw86

To all out there who wish to stick with only 4GB ram. I have some very very rare HyperX modules that are definitely the fastest of any kind. I have some 1600Mhz which run at CL7 and some 1866Mhz ones that run at CL9 all when using XMP Profile 2. In 2x2GB configuration, they will run at full 1T speeds. Faster than any mobile ram on the market at the moment. The only problem is that they only come in 2GB sticks. The 1866Mhz ones are untested, I cannot get my laptop to boot with them in.

It has two dimms. The manual says 2x4 is max configuration with 1600 max speed. The 1600 is cheaper than the 1866. I am going to play it safe and just got with the official recommendations, 2x4 @1600Mhz. Thanks for the input guys. FYI most recent BIOS is A08 and it does not seem to indicate any change in the max ram configuration.

Great... 1600mhz is zippy anyway and much over sees much less benefit. So good choice... if you can get cl7 @ 1600 your better off but I found hyperx 1600 cl9 to be priced very good.