Repeating blue screen of death

Leo14

whoops never updated this, forgot to flash my video card bios after re installing windows a while ago (called dell and they told me i had to flash my bios, 2 hours for that -_- and than not even 30 minutes later I get 2 BSOD's. WTF?! Next phone call will be an angry one >:o

I think that the nvidia Drivers should be the ones that dell created for your GPU, Have you tried installing the 580 or 680 gtx (from dell), I have a 6990m I updated to 7970m drivers and I'm amazed. It performs WAAAY better, no crashing or lagging. The only part where I get the BSOD is when I install the drivers, (I need to close all programs and that happens when it gets to the part of the display drivers).

If drivers arent the solution as Chetoz Guillen suggested than at this point what has been going on for far too long sounds like a hardware issue. What if you had the entire thing checked out by Dell. A full hardware diagnosis? Seems like Brians suggestion at beginning of thread might be correct. Youve tried more than most people would at this point i would look into hardware being the issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...
If drivers arent the solution as Chetoz Guillen suggested than at this point what has been going on for far too long sounds like a hardware issue. What if you had the entire thing checked out by Dell. A full hardware diagnosis? Seems like Brians suggestion at beginning of thread might be correct. Youve tried more than most people would at this point i would look into hardware being the issue.

Figured I should add the ending to this, since it took so long to figure out. In BIOS changed display from SG to PEG. Problem solved.

• 7 months later...

I know this thread is older but I was thinking it good to mention one blue screen of death at boot that I ran into recent and is easily diagnosed is that if you install Windows under raid or ahci if your bios has these options that if your bios gets reset for example by a technician working on your computer that it is important to set the same one back in the bios. Once I set mine back to AHCI I was booting right to windows again. Just an easy mistake that can make it seem there is a much bigger problem. Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm maybe I should have checked that out. Would have been worth a shot, not sure if I added any conclusion to this issue but it seemed to resolve itself after swapping the 460m for a 680m. Wish I knew what was actually the issue, was probably what you said tho mw86.. As after I installed the cArd I installed a diff bios..