Track pad unresponsive and not working.

Frenzy

Ok so i just bought my M14x last week and i have no complains, great system, good hardware and very good performance. But today when i was in class i closed my laptop ( everything was running perfectly) and all of a sudden when i opened it up again the track pad wouldn't work, the pointer wouldn't move whatsoever and the light ( around the track pad only) is turned off. I can't get it to work.. I had to plug in my mouse to get in here. Any insight?

Sorry, please help me understand the issue a little better. You are saying that you close the lid and then re-open it and the track pad stays disabled both in function and in alienware colors? What drivers are you using (the latest updates from Dell/Alienware)? It maybe a power setting type of issue or something as simple as a un-install driver and reinstall. Please provide us some more details and what you have already done and maybe we can get this knocked out.

Best Wishes, StevenX