vBIOS flash problem Nvidia

Hey guys!

Earlier this week I upgrade my laptop with a new network card. I bought a Intel WiFi AC 7260 for my Lenovo Y510p.

So most of you probably know, Lenovo's BIOS has a whitelist. So I flashed the BIOS so that I could use the new network card. This happened without any problems, I installed the network card and booted my laptop. Drivers worked the moment I logged in and connecting to a network was easy and fast. Checked speedtest.net for the up and down speeds, perfect!

There is a problem I encounterd though, it has nothing to do with my BIOS (I think) or my new network card. It has something to do with my GPU's.

I run an SLI configuration of 2 x Nvidia GeForce GT755m. (one main, one ultrabay)

I was following a guide made by @svl7 about flashing the BIOS. After the part of flashing the BIOS there was something about flashing the vBIOS too, because if you are running 2 GPU's it was not going to work properly. When flashing the vBIOS I encountered the problem.

As explained by the guide, I used NVflash to flash vBIOS, when using the command "nvflash -a" to view adapters and their "index" they were on "0" and "1". I tried to flash both of them, "1" flashed easily without any problems, "0" did not flash at all.

Now the error displayed was: "ERROR: GPU NOT DETECTED."

Has anyone got an idea of how to fix this? I'm not able to flash one of the GPU's. If I play a videogame on my laptop, every now and then (intervals of 1-5 minutes) my screen goes black, audio stutters and comes back to normal after a few seconds.

Hope you guys can help me out! If there's any info you need let me know and I'll edit the post!

• Bios Modder

In your laptop one vbios (for 0 graphic card) is a part of main system bios, and can't be flashed by Nvflash program. Vbios for 0 graphic card automatically will flashing when you flash mod bios from svl7.

Another vbios (for 1 graphic card) can be flashed by Nvflash program, and you already do it.

Now, if you have problem, just flash again main system bios from svl7, and then flash again card 1 with Nvflash.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Klem Sorry, I wasn't able to use my computer until today, I updated to stock Lenovo BIOS but I didn't have my old wifi adapter with me so I couldn't turn on my laptop anymore lolToday I swapped the wifi adapters and tried to flash BIOS again, I have no more problems with my SLI GPU's!

1. Solution (That worked for me):
  2. I kept the 2nd GPU flashed with the custom vBIOS, I DID NOT!!! flash to stock vBIOS!
  3. Installed the update to stock Lenovo BIOS v. 3.05
  4. Downgraded to BIOS V 2.07
  5. Prayed to the BIOS GODS!
  6. Flashed BIOS to custom BIOS V. 3.05 by @svl7
  7. PROBLEM SOLVED!

@Klem thanks for helping me out!

8 hours ago, Sonrexx said:

Yo razayan how did you update your vbios I have a clevoP157SM - A Intel ® Core ™ i7 - 4710MQ Processor ( 2.5GHz ), 6MB L3 Cache and a gtx 970m vram 6gb

In my laptop I have 2 GPU's, one main and one is in an "ultrabay" which you can remove/add really easy. This one I flashed using a program called "nvflash".

The other one, as explained by Klem above, can't be flashed seperately. This one is flashed together with the main BIOS.

So I think, yours can not be flashed seperately but is included in your main BIOS.

Edited by Razayan