P370EM - GTX970M - Need Help

virtualdreamz

Hey everyone,

I originally bought and ran the 7970M stock on this machine P370EM/NP9370. For whatever reason one day my Display just went crazy - thick green vertical lines all the way across the display - no multimonitor capability, etc.. I took this as my VGA got fried. I purchased an GTX970m in the hopes that this would do 2 things - solve my problem, and give me an upgrade. I have gone through the bios upgrade steps, etc.. from prema and in my bios screen I still get VGA EMPTY, but I do see that the bios has been upgraded (image link attached: http://bit.ly/1IUZFmG ). I am unable to install any drivers for this new card - modded or not. Also when I originally installed the card my computer did boot into windows fine, and it did show in Device Manager with the proper Hardware IDs, but now I do NOT get anything for display adapter.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also on a side note - even though I do think the new Boot Logo is nice - is there any way for me to customize this - I did not see any available option in my BIOS to do so?

post-34670-14494999766818_thumb.jpg

Vga empty is normal. The sysyem does not recognize the id on the gpu so it says empty. You should be able to install a modded drover though. Have you just tried other people's mods or did you try making your own? Most driver mods are for alienware systems so I'm thinking you just got the wrong driver. J95 has a guide on how to mod your own driver.

Hello,

As said by Khenglish, the "vga empty" message is normal, until someone like Prema mod the bios to correct that. But you can install your card it should work. Just follow some steps:

*deep uninstall of your previous driver (using DDU for exemple)

*download the correct driver and corresponding modded .inf file (from LaptopVideo2Go: Drivers); V344.75 are good with O/C features; i'm running V350.05 and they seem to have also O/C re-enabled. extract the driver and replace the .inf file with the modded one.

*download Vbios on Prema's website

*Disable your 970m on control panel (should appear as "windows graphic adapter") and flash the Prema Vbios using tool in archive

*reboot on disabled driver signature enforcement mode (google it, it's from control panel)

*install driver (accept the installation)

*reboot

I've followed all those steps and have a running P370EM with 970m SLI for 3weeks now, perfectly working and Oced @980m.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm, p370em + single 970m + modded driver. Bough 970m from r&j tech, have no idea what vbios have it, but it works! :)

The only problem I have is that in Yesemite it does not work with any monitor, even built in! :too_sad: