EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Lafar

Lenovo Y510p antenna?

Hi guys!

I really wanted 5ghz on my Lenovo Y510p, so I took my Intel Advanced-N 6205 from my desktop and put it into my Lenovo Y510p. I did modify/unlock the BIOS according to the AWESOME tutorial on here. The thing is....using this Intel Advanced-N 6205 wireless card doesn't allow me to use the 2.5ghz band, only the 5ghz. I know that this wireless chip/card is designed for desktop use only...but why isn't it working on dual channel for my laptop?

It seems weird that it works on 5ghz, considering that the Lenovo Y510p came with a 2.4ghz card.

Is there a way to switch or turn of the 5ghz band on my card so I can choose to use which band? (It seems like it can only support one band at a time, or 5ghz only...)

Thanks!

I had try to use this 5GHz, And i think it works on last revision of this laptop...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By can rx
      Hello to all dear visitors, 

I have been using Lenovo y510p notebook for two years but in games I think my graphic card is inadequate. After that I've bought Mini PCI-e EXP GDC and attached it to where the wireless card socket is.  However because it has x1 speed its performance is too low. Even though on tests rx460's ranks is low than rx480, it has more performance.

In x1 PCI-e port, the performance is too low and inefficient. On GPUz programme, use of memory controller is 20% but use of GPU is 100%. I mean, I've been hooked to the x1 speed.

Components : EXP GDC version 8.0 +450w PSU + rx480

I've read all pages about ultrabay, I want to buy and to share in forum.

If anyone has ultrabay to PCI-e port, I want to buy. Please help.

Thanks for everything.
    • By DgknGkdn
      The computer I used was '' Lenovo Y510P ''. There is a '' Nvidia GT755M [SLI] '' as a display card. I have tried both ways of downloading the video card driver from both GeForce Experience and Nvidia driver site. Both kinds of graphics cards are starting to update. Later, the 'graphic driver is installed' part of the screen goes and never comes again. I can not enter Windows when I turn off the computer. I have to take format from scratch.

After formatting, Windows automatically loads a graphics card driver in 2017, trying to update the driver again, it stays black on the screen again. I have to format again.

With DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) program, I deleted the old video card driver and updated it again. But I met the same problem.

I communicated with Nvidia and stated that I had such a problem. They asked me not to install the 388.13 video card driver. That graphics card driver has been loaded without any problems. But I have the same problem with all the video card drivers out there.

NOTE: This problem only happens on Windows 10. I can update the display board without any problems in operating systems like Windows 8,8.1.

NOTE: I have been having this problem for about 2 months, before I could update my display card in Windows 10 without a problem.

The driver I am currently using is: 388.13
    • By svl7
      Dell recently posted a new BIOS for the M11x R3 on their support site - A05.
      Grab it here: M11x R3 - BIOS A05
      Release notes:
      Since that's only half the fun I also unlocked the hidden menus, see attachment.
      As always with modified BIOS - use at your own risk, don't change anything you aren't familiar with.
      _
      M11x-R3_A05_[unlocked].zip
    • By svl7
      .If you're interested why not all modified BIOS versions can be flashed the 'usual' way with the official tools, read this:http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/2252-information-about-bios-updates-a07-a08-higher-m14xr2-m17xr4-m18xr2.html

M18x R2 - 'unlocked' BIOS versions
      The following BIOS of the Alienware M18x have been modified so that all hidden menus and options are visible.
      It will allow you to further tweak your system and optimize its peformance.
      Most of the options are only meant for advanced users. Don’t change anything you’re not sure about.
      It's possible that you see options which don’t work for your system, so be careful when changing settings.
      In case you mess up and your system refuses to boot applying new settings, remove the AC adapter, battery and coin cell battery in order to clear the non-volatile ram of the BIOS. This should fix most issues.

*UPDATE*Instructions: There are two ways to flash the modified BIOS:

Downgrade to stock A03 by using the USB recover procedure. (Thanks @Scott Matusow for summarizing the procedure). Make sure to closely follow the instructions, and wait until the system is done with the flash. Once you're on A03 flash the modified BIOS using the regular way (using the tools provided by Dell)..This method seems to work very well on the M18x R2, at least as long as you do as instructed. It can be a bit scary though since you can't see what's happening. .. Flash the BIOS from DOS with the FPT tool. This will only flash the BIOS part and leave out the EC and so on. It's a really safe option when done properly and less scary since you see the progress and information on the screen.  
      For the USB recovery method follow the instructions in the link above.

Second possibility - flashing from DOS:

Prepare an USB drive so that it can boot DOS. If you don't know how to do this, check the instructions in the spoiler.  
      Grab the DOS version of fpt for flashing, and my 'prr tool' to circumvent write protection.. Download a '[FPT]' labeled version of the unlocked BIOS. Put the DOS version of the flash tool on the root of the prepared USB stick (fpt.exe and fparts.txt), along with the prr.exe and the file you want to flash (plus the included flash.bat). . Restart the system and boot from your USB stick. Run prr.exe, then flash the bios by executing the flash.bat file. Wait until the tool completes the flash. If the verification is okay, reboot, else flash again.. Go to the bios, load the default settings and reboot. Done.  

NOTE: If you want to use an unlocked BIOS newer than A03 I highly recommend to first flash the desired version of the unmodified BIOS (grab it at the Dell download site).
      Once you're on the version you want to unlock, follow the DOS flashing procedure described above.
      If you want to go A03 or earlier, the best thing to do is using the USB recovery method.

Here two pics of the most interesting options:
      Thanks @Riri-Fifi for the pics and testing!
      Thanks @johnksss for testing my prr tool!

Flash and use at your own risk.

I don't take any responsibility for possible damage on your system.

___

The software which I provide here ('prr tool') comes with absolutely no warranty to the extent permitted by applicable law.

Download the bios files referened in this post from here:

• By Agent349
      After being annoyingly frustrated for several weeks after purchasing a Y510p laptop and realizing the Wi-Fi card is far from what it should be I figured I would flash the modded bios and install a new card. Seeing how it's likely many people ended up here for the same reason I figured it would be a good idea to ask for recommendations as to what card I should buy as a replacement. Any recommendations would be most welcome but I'd rather to have a card capable of 5Ghz support, from what I've seen it does make a difference.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.