lagyu

How can i edit HD7970 bios?

I want to reduce the voltage of 7970 card.

is there any way to edit bios?

Depending on what laptop you have this will do the trick.

I'm running 0.975v at the moment and it runs soooooo cool. 67 degree maximum!

I'm running it at 1.05 and my temp are 67degres max too.

My 7970m is O/C at 950 / 1400.

this works in a M17X R4, I just repaste GPU and CPU.

Unfortunately, RBE can't cope with recent cards. That's what the author says:

Due to a digital signature requirement on latest AMD cards, RBE is no longer in active development and will not support the latest graphics cards.

I'd suggest the MSI Afterburner tool: You can adjust voltages and clock speeds (even memory voltage on some cards), save your settings in up to five profiles and load one at boot.

Greetings from Germany,

Raff

It has become pretty hard to Mod recent AMD BIOS, due to checksums. You can try to mod is by editing it with a hex editor (it’s pretty risky) or try a software like afterburner.

Depending on what laptop you have this will do the trick.

I'm running 0.975v at the moment and it runs soooooo cool. 67 degree maximum!

I think he's referring to 7970 and not 7970m..

• Thumbs Up 2

I used Afterburner with my Gigabyte hd7970 when I had it but I ended up returning it for a GTX770. The Afterburner did work but did not allow me to change locked information.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jonilink
      Specs:
      Sager branded Clevo P170EM 
      16gb ddr 3
      AMD 7970M
      i7-3820QM
      BIOS 1.00.04bLS2

I'm working on this laptop for a friend and it will NOT stay on more than a couple minutes before it shuts down.  I have tried everything that i can think of and it still shuts down.  Im thinking it some kind of thermal or video card problem but I cant quite narrow it down.  

here are the things i have tied:

cleaned/re greased both fans.
      cleaned all heat sinks fins
      lapped and reapplied thermal paste
      reapplied thermal tape to the GPU
      replaced CMOS battery
      reset CMOS
      removed/reinstalled all drivers for iGPU an the 7970
      tested all ram in a seperate latop top individually
      swapped fans to test headers

After all of this it still will beep about 20-22 times and shut down it is in no way getting hot the fans still spin but the computer still shuts down.
      What else can i try ? I can't be the only one who has this problem. I've added a file that show the bios version.

• By braynshock
      Been lurking for a while. I wanted to share some of my experience with the AKiTiO enclosure.
      I am specifically trying to make AMD cards work with Yosemite, as I have a Iris Pro only mid 2014 rMBP, and cannot get external displays working with my GTX 750Ti...
      I have only been able to get a couple of cards to work (Microcenter is starting to get tired of me exchanging cards every other day.). Finally, decided I am going to fight to get the R9 280X to work with Yosemite, even though it's larger and more expensive than I originally wanted. While I;m having trouble with Yosemite, I decided I would try Win8.1/BootCamp and see if at least the hardware worked.
      First I bought a larger 10A(120W) power brick, did the tape trick and soldered power to the PCIe slot to support 75W to the slot. I used a Corsair CS650M ATX power supply for the 6 and 8 pin power to the XFX R9 280X DD 3GB card. Not wanting to mess with the enclosure yet (in hopes someone will figure out the nvidia output on the iris pro rMBP), I have the PCB naked on my desk.
      First boots into windows, were ok at the desktop, but unique heaven at anything above 1280x720, or using full-screen caused failure (blinking screens, crashes, or snowy)... I thought maybe it was the two different power supplies, I went ahead and soldered 2 x 18g yellow and black wires to the CPU 8pin connector on the Corsair ATX PS. Making the ATiKiO completely running off of the Corsair PSU.
      Immediately saw improvement in Windows 8.1, boots perfectly, and runs Heaven at full screen @1080p, with HIGH settings, and 2X AA, it ran smoothly and perfectly. AVG FPS was somewhere around 50FPS (can't remember off the top).
      So the dual power supplies were causing some instability.
      Now if I can figure out how to get Yosemite to boot fully with the IOPCITunnelCompatible injected into kexts, I would be happy...
      Thanks for all the insights here, especially goalgue, Tech Inferno Fan, mvc -- Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.