Selling digital art or prints

Staff Sargent

Anyone know of a trustworthy site that I could sell digital art or prints and if I display it on there site it won't get stolen and claimed by others?

I tried this many years ago and well a guy in another country copied about 30 of my images and made about 40k US dollars off my work. I tried to take legal action but 2 countries, 2 lawyers etc etc I couldn't afford it and after 2 years just wasn't worth the hassle. I know my work sells as I had like 5 different prints made up and sold out at a silent action a few years ago.

I want to sell prints or digital copies so that I can afford the tools to start making more art. I so want the galaxy note 10.1 for drawing with Photoshop and another alienware to handle the uber renders I create for spacescapes.

So been burned bad trying to sell online but willing to try again. So please suggest sites if you know them or someone who has used one. I know the most popular but its to easy to just copy images off most of them.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Yes I have no job and limited income (retired Army SSG) so keep that in mind LOL.

• 1 year later...

I have lots of friends that have dealt with Deviantart for selling lots of stuff, from their experiences I would say they would be one of the best for both getting recognition and for selling your art without getting screwed over. The best part of Deviantart is that you can build the interest first instead of jumping in completely and not really being recognized.

There have been many instances that I can think of me being one of them, that I have offered or posted things up in other places, but no one saw my work simply because they really had to dig to find it or I had to provide a link to the piece or so on.

I think one of the keys is to find a place you can keyword the image so it makes it find-able.

Also I dont think that DA take too much of a commission when you sell through them.

As far as I know Etsy doesn't take any but they are also harder to "make" it with them.

Hope this helps ANY.

nEmo