7970m Gaming Overclock

mw86

I didn't see a thread on this so here is the starts of one. I have 7970m Crossfire. M18xR1, ram :P, ssd :P, and when I game i use fans on max via HWiNFO fan control.

Driver 7900mod 12.9 beta modded by guru with Geometry Instancing added and High Quality Anistropic Filtering added.

Ill post screen shots when I can as I go.

Dirt 3

Game Settings: max on all options

CCC: AA Override game setting 8x plus edge detect for 24x

AF High Quality plus 16x

Tessellation x64

CC set to High Quality and surface optimization ticked

MipMap High Quality

Geometry Instancing enabled

CAP profile manually set to Dirt3

Vsync off

1920x1080

Stable for hours at 990mhz core 1375mhz vram @ 1.075v max temp 71c

Stable for hours at 1040mhz core 1625mhz vram @ 1.1v max temp 73c

Ill post atleast screenshot or two when im home. Ill keep posting as I find more limits. Ill be working at BF3 next.

Please feel free to post gaming overclocks with whatever you feel like providing... Gpu clocks, game settings, gpu control panel settings, temps, pics videos or anything you feel like posting as I said. There are plenty of games and all gpus handle different so this will help those in the search of clocks. The more posts the better idea we all can get of the average handling of our gpus :)

Widezu, RiRiFiFi, Geocake are members whom clocked very high 1050core+ in benchmarks so they may be able to provide some great insight too.

Benchmark ranges are welcomed too. Note benchmark handling since its shorter than how long games load gpu... handling may vary greatly from gpu to gpu, from game to game and from bench to bench. There will be no list in this OP rather everyone feel free to document your handling here.

post-34-14494993684492_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

post-34-14494993680332_thumb.png

post-34-14494993680692_thumb.png

post-34-14494993681533_thumb.png

post-34-1449499368236_thumb.jpg

post-34-14494993683116_thumb.jpg

post-34-14494993683796_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

original post updated with a few pics :)

here is a video of a single race and the replay for that race in Dirt 3 with the settings from above IE 1040mhz core 1625mhz mem and the mentioned CCC settings and in game settings. my second you tube video ever ;):P Cheers.

http://youtu.be/j2LgkqBD3JU

Recorded via MSI afterburner with the following options.

post-34-14494993685204_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
Is the enduro under-utilization issue fixed with the 12.9 drivers? Or are you running off the dedicated CPU directly?

The 12.9 beta 7900mod drivers help but the big fix for that comes in the next driver or the official 12.9 maybe.

I am running in an M18xR1 which does not have the same gfx switching... I must restart to enable my iGFX. So enduro can't be used on my system. The effects of enduro therefore aren't something i can comment on. The performance is comparable in those systems if the iGFX is disabled though. The underutilization on any 7970m is not fully fixed yet Enduro or not but this driver plus the mods to the driver help the underutilization. Any otger questions i would be glad to answer.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2