Sign in to follow this  
truth

Asus K53SV Extreme Mod Help

Hey guys,
i am enhancing my asus K53SV ( i7 2630qm) with an eGPU GTX 1060 and im planning to buy a better CPU to reduce the CPU bottleneck on the 1060. At the moment, i have a 130W power supply ( 90W stock). I bought a Destkop CPU Cooler ( Cooler Master Hyper T2) to handle the CPU temps and im wondering if a 2960XM would overclock to lets say at least 3.5GHz on 4 cores stable for gaming. I know the stock BIOS wont allow the 2960XM to work but i will update the CPU Microcode to make it accept the 2960XM. So here are the questions :

1- Does the CPU microcode manual update work ?

2 - Can the motherboard, designed for a 45W CPU without overclocking handle 55W+ (lets say 80-90W for the overclocking) ?

3- is a minimum of 3.5GHz on 4 cores stable possible with the 130W PSU, lets say that the motherboard only has to power up the CPu and the others main components (HDD, RAMs, etc), there is no dedicated GPU, so it has way more juice for the CPU alone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By learnfromit
      alienware 15 r2 970m with i7-6700hq vbios request so i can overclock and mess with voltage.

BIOS version backup made with techpowerup GPU-z.

GM204.rom

or can someone re direct me to one already made that will work? all links i find are dead, thanks.

• By IAmSteveRogers
      I have been attempting to change my boost clocks values for the longest time, though I've been unsuccessful. I managed to flash my modded BIOS, though no changes seem to have had happened, along with no errors either. Here's all the stuff I used and was able to get. If someone is able to help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Psycha
      Hello, I'm on an alienware m17 r4 and am trying mod my vbios for a 970m 3GB msi. I've managed to get the max boost with an increase in voltage, however I believe my voltage settings maybe unstable. When attempting to load programs capable of high gpu usage capabilities, the gpu begins to become pretty unstable. would anyone be able to provide assistance? I have both my edited and original roms as well.

*update

I'm not sure how to delete this thread but disregard this please. I've figured out the issue.
    • By Revenknight
      Hello, I have a Medion Erazer x7841 gaming laptop. 
      I want to onstall a custom bios to pass the overclocking limit of 135Mhz.
      Does anyone can halp me with this?

Thanks alot for any help-

• By hapticfish
      Hi Guys,

Im looking to possibly get a new laptop, but was wondering what laptops you guys would suggest for gaming and that doesn't have hardware whitelisting so I can update my wifi card and other hardware in the future. I heard that Asus doesn't lock down there hardware with a white list. My current laptop, Lenovo Y500 Ideapad, has a white list and im not able to swap out the wifi card because of it. Let me know what you guys think.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.