Sign in to follow this  
unapalada

help with MBP 2015 15" AMD R9 m370x + gtx 1060 3gb

Hi there,

So I'm having a little issue with my egpu setup and if anyone could give me some hinters that would be great.

Basically I've done this before with this same laptop on a 980ti which worked perfectly and now I have a 1060.

Only problem is, I've installed everything correctly, theres no error messages in device manager, says this device is working correctly BUT when I go to play games, it decides to run the dgpu instead. Now I've run some benchmarks and the 1060 is being used, getting 150fps. I do have to disable the AMD though.

So, my question to the pros is, what happens next?

I've tried using the latest drivers from nvidia, tried uninstalling everything with Display Drive Uninstaller and trying again, tried using a safe driver version (372.70) because I read the latest one was buggy..

Tried uninstalling and disabling microsoft basica display adapter only to get the same results..

I also get an error when trying to access nvidia control panel "nvidia display settings are not available, you are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu" but it shows in device manager as "working properly"

It also doesn't show in dxdiag as well. only shows the AMD.

I'm not using an external display if that helps..

any help would be appreciated!!

EDIT: I have been getting code 12 errors with my current driver 372.70

Does this mean I need to do a DSDT override? 

I'd like to not have to deal with coding etc but if necessary then I can try.

I have tried to update to the latest driver version but that hasn't really been helping either.

Anyway thanks

Edited by unapalada

Hi so has your setup worked in the end.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I tried mine on dell 3543, 8600 gt as test card but the setup did not even turn on.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Blocker35
      Hi guys, bit of a rookie to the whole EGPU scene. Currently I have:

- MacBook Pro 2015 13inch (3.1GHz Core i7 16GB RAM)
      - Razer X Core 
      - Apple TB3 to TB2 Adapter
      -  TB2 Cable (Cable Matters)
      - 23inch AOC External Monitor

I am wonder about what graphics card to get to run X-Plane11 with high graphic settings?
      I have purgewrangler set up and ready to use with an AMD graphics card, but am also open to the idea of an Nvidia graphics card.
      Any advice appreciated. I did not buy a Windows PC as I need a Mac for various other things and wanted an all-in-one laptop.
    • By SnipeKing17
      The GPU works, The PSU works, The system works. [individually they all do work]

The system works perfectly fine without the WLAN card.

When i put the system to sleep and hotswap the mPCIe riser and WLAN press something on the keyboard.. Restarts.
      Will shutdown in roughly 27 seconds for those 27 seconds it works just fine like how it normally would on external monitor.

When i shut it down and plug the riser and switch it on, same story. 27 seconds.

I don't even see a error. I get to login screen directly. I used DDU already.

I timed it. no matter what i do if i use the eGPU, External monitor it restarts instead of pause-play. I have 27 seconds.

Need help!
    • By Kel
      I got the exp gdc beast 8.5 got all the connections right... laptop boots up... fans turn on the gpu.... device manager detects gtx 1060 with a “ ! “ in a yellow triangle. Now what to do.... i tried to do the bios mod.... but realised that i have 3.07 version. 
      Questions-
      1 is there any way to get this done without the mod?? 
      2 if mod is the only way... kindly help me with step by step instruction in laymans terms... i m not a techy... so i might not understand technical terms.... altho i am interested... but learning yet. Please help. 
    • By Drozof
      Has any company out there launched a laptop with an external MXM port? 

Just curious since with the boom in the gaming laptop market and some companies launching eGPU thunderbolt enclosures, isnt the MXM faster?

Is it because of licensing issues? or hardware problems?

• By Iwillsolo
      Hello guys ...

i wanna make sure that everything is going to work fine with my laptop so i got some questions

First of all my laptop is Lenovo Z51-70
      CPU: I5-5200U 2.2ghz
      iGPU Intel HD 5500
      dGPU:AMD R9 M375
      Ram: 8GB (will raise it to 16GB)
      HDD: 1TB stock one
      SSD: 120GB (for my games and windows only)

now i investigated  a little about eGPUs and found that i need a M.2 or thunderbolt, i've found that my wifi card use a M.2 a/e key aka ngff, so i will be using the GDC Beast NGFF version

to the bad part / question part

What do i need to know other than the stuff above?
      what is the white-listing thing? i found on support forums that my laptop support some wifi cards only and it's bios cann't be modified according to bios modifying forums (not here)
      in same time saw some posts on reddit that says if ur bios have UMA graphic option then you will need to disable PAX / WIRELESS and enable UMA and it will work fine, the question is that true?

i wasn't able to find anyone who did it on Z51-70 i found only 1 post on reddit for Z41-70 (which after research found that both are using same M.2 a/e key slot and also same bios... but the one who posted only replied that it's recognized with some errors and never replied back with any updates so still not sure about it.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.