Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
Sign in to follow this  
DiefeigeFeige

eGPU Setup With Macbook Pro mid 2012/GTX970 Via TH1

Hi,

a week ago i decided to build an eGpu Setup for my Macbook Pro. I installed Windows 10 (excidentley deleted OS X :/) and pluged the Zotac GTX 970 via Akitio Thunderbox into my Macbook(only Supports Thunderbolt 1). The device Manager detected the eGpu and i installed the latest Driver. Now the problem, when im triyng to play for example Company of Heroes the eGPU is obviously not in action. The Company of Heroes Benchmark says something about 1-4 fps. Im very confused because when im running this Benchmark with disabled Intel hd 4000 the GTX970 works well:http://www.geeks3d.com/gputest/.

please help me, its so frustrating to see the egpu running in this Benchmark and dont see it in games.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jackson Chai
      Dear all,
      I hope someone can help me out here.

I have an Acer Aspire E4-471g Laptop. Intel Core i5-4210U NVIDIA GeForce 820M 16gb DDR3 RAM 512GB SSD

I have an EXP GDC V8 Beast eGPU adapter. I use a power adapter to juice my eGPU by Dell Netzteil ADP-220AB B 12V 18A 220W P/N Y2515 REV A02

I have a Zotac GeForce GTX1050ti 4GB

The Problem:- I did the normal procedure, disable the eGPU. Took out the wifi and replace it with the mpcie cable.

Switch on the computer and I have a blank screen. No screen at all on the laptop screen nor in the external monitor.

Is there a best solution? I have seen the Setup 1.3 but I will do that if that is really the necessity.
    • By Zollins
      I have a Dell Precision M6800 and I would like to build an eGPU for it as the  Nvidia Card is getting a bit old. I have a Xbox 360 Slim lying around. Would it be possible for me to use the Xbox’s GPU ? 
    • By pro noob
      Hi i searched alot and could not find any help regarding external gpu for my hp pavilion model 15-e020tx. Even though its not a really old laptop. Would appreciate if some 1 could guide me to a link if it has already been shared. 

I want e gpu for playing a game dota 2.

specifications of laptop

• By KARTAL
      Hi .
      İ need your hepls. Firstly my notebook model is lenovo z500.
      Intel Core i7 3632QM
      gt645m g.
      i could not find information abouth z500. Does eGPU work on Lenovo z500 ? 
    • By Arman
      Hello! My name is Arman! I from Armenia, and sorry for my English!
      I have iMac Late 2013 with Intel core i5, 8Gb, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 Mb. I have Boot Camp installation on my iMac (now i have 7 Windows, but i can update it to 10 or 8 Windows) 
      I  discover that there is an Akitio 2, wich can use with iMac 2013 for productivity increase. I want to use akitio 2 with GTX 1050 ti 4Gb, but i dont know how it is intalling on iMac?
      Who can write for me the process of installation ALL equipment (akitio 2 + GTX 1050 ti + imac)? What i must to do? I talking about from the very beginning to the very end. 
      PLEASE everyone, help me. You are my last chance !!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.