• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DiefeigeFeige

eGPU Setup With Macbook Pro mid 2012/GTX970 Via TH1

1 post in this topic

Hi,

a week ago i decided to build an eGpu Setup for my Macbook Pro. I installed Windows 10 (excidentley deleted OS X :/) and pluged the Zotac GTX 970 via Akitio Thunderbox into my Macbook(only Supports Thunderbolt 1). The device Manager detected the eGpu and i installed the latest Driver. Now the problem, when im triyng to play for example Company of Heroes the eGPU is obviously not in action. The Company of Heroes Benchmark says something about 1-4 fps. Im very confused because when im running this Benchmark with disabled Intel hd 4000 the GTX970 works well:http://www.geeks3d.com/gputest/.

please help me, its so frustrating to see the egpu running in this Benchmark and dont see it in games.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Granty
      Hi guys. I have had my egpu setup and running fine for the past year or so on my mbp (mid 2012) which has a hdd drive.
      I now want to improve the gaming performance, so I've bought an ssd.

I manage to get through all the steps in eGPU Setup 1.2 but when i go through the bootloader, it says at the very end "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key".

I'm guessing it is to do with my ssd being in the optical drive bay location (i assume this is hd1) and the original hdd (hd0) being disconnected, so windows can't see it when in bootloader.

I think I need to edit the config file for the chainloader, so the bootloader reads the ssd but what exactly do i need to change? 

I tried changing the map section (line 55):
      map --harddrives=1
      if "%DRV%"=="C"

map (%FIRSTHDD%) (hd0)

Changing the (hd0) to (hd1) put the bootloader in a loop!? So I am not sure what to try next...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    • By deltha
      Hello,

I am using on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 with Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, Akitio TB2, a water-cooled Nvidia 1080 TI using the driver Nvidia Web Driver 378.05.05.15f01

I would like to ask you : is there any chance to overclock it on macOS?

Components:
      V-tubler
      Thermaltake C 1000 coolant
      2x luna 12 red + led band
      Radiator EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual)
      Pacific PT40-D5 Reservoir/Pump Combo 250
      Akitio Thunder 2 pcie expansion
      Plexiglass, acrylic, plastic isolation, screws
      Water cooling fittings, pipes, hard tubing, without actually bending the tubing
      Lian Li PW-PCI-E38-1 Riser PCIe x16 3.0, 380mm, flexibil, High Speed, EMI Shielding + powered
      Openframe case Thermaltake Core P1
      RM650 gold PSU+Paperclip
      Graphic card:
      Zotac water cooled 1080 TI Fe (Zotac 1080 TI FE + Separate mount of Titan X nickel waterblock)

• By 09williamsad
      I have  Lenovo e540 with an EXP GDC Beast 8.4d and a GTX 660.
      The nvidia display driver crashes with a black screen for a few seconds when launching some games or when the egpu is used for a while, it sometimes will recover
      My external power supply is 350W and the card has a power consumption of 140W so I do not think this is a power issue.

"Event 4101
      Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

What I have tried:
      A GTS450 instead of the GTX 660.
      Setting the PCIe port to Gen 1 in egpu setup.
      Setting the PCIe port to Gen 2 in egpu setup.
      Setting the Nvidia power management to maximize performance in the Nvidia control panel.
      Going back to the driver version 327.23, I got a blue screen instead of a crash when using this version.
      Disabling HDMI audio in the Nvidia control panel.

Any suggestions or advice on this issue?

Thank you