EVGA Precision warning!!! Bricked screens and hardware!

Just a little bit of advice guys - do not install EVGA Precision on Windows 10 with NVidia cards - theres a very high probability it will brick your hardware!

I upgraded my GFX to a GTX970m 6gb and updated vbios and main bios - all was fine, Later that night i installed EVGA Precision - just to adjust the fans kicking in and next reboot, my screen was dead, seems to be quite common especially with samsung screens, the bios for the screen had been corrupted, and i almost went out and purchased a new sceen until i spoke to a couple of very helpful people on Notebook Review Forums, who set me up with instructions to diagnose, locate and fix the problem using Lubuntu - took me 4 days to fix but my screen is now working!!!

• Founder

Glad you got your system working again! We've known about this for awhile now: 

Will close this thread since those that have this issue can post their issues + solution in the above thread. 

• Brian locked this topic