Help identify x1 or x2 m-pcie and optimus?

bartimeaus

I own a toshiba p50T and I am unsure as to what sort of performance hits I would suffer should I use a gpu.

This is the specifications of my laptop

http://www.mytoshiba.co.nz/products/computers/satellite/p50/pspmha-0ee04s/specifications

So since it has optimus, I'm guessing I will be able to use my built in monitor to display the output from the egpu? Another thing is, I seem to remember there being a performance hit when you output back to your laptop monitor, does that still apply?

On 27/04/2016 at 3:56 PM, Doink said:

Yes, optimus will work and performance hit still apply.

You will have x1.2opt means 1 lane with gen2 speed with optimus compression.

You will get somewhere between 9-10k overall score (~11k graphics) with a gtx970 in firestrike using an external monitor.

That doesn't sound like I have a huge performance hit from x1.2opt.

Gtx970 gets about 11.k firestrike fhd in desktop configurations.

If I use gtx970 with x1.2opt, if i get 9k, that's still 80% performance. Sounds great to me.

Edited by bartimeaus

9 hours ago, bartimeaus said:

That doesn't sound like I have a huge performance hit from x1.2opt.

Gtx970 gets about 11.k firestrike fhd in desktop configurations.

If I use gtx970 with x1.2opt, if i get 9k, that's still 80% performance. Sounds great to me.

But if you are using your buit-in monitor the egpu needs to copy back all the frames to your igp via the x1 link and thats another minus -10-20% depending on how havily taxing the game the pcie link.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.