Brutal: Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

Nando

2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce.

Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

Yeah.. I saw this article since she is special needs (cerebral palsy). I haven't watched the video as Im afraid its just going to get me beyond angry. But I do know they have made him take a 2 week leave and will hopefully get him fired and never work for the judicial system again. The only problem I have is that this happened in 2004 and should have been made public back then.

Oh, his wife apologized. Now... that makes it all right? Its like, someone apologizing for robbing a bank. You know, he really didn't mean that!

BTW, isn't there a law against parents beating their kid in the US?

@Unreal - each state is different really. it gets more complicated as you move into discipline in relation to schools and so forth as well.

I know it has to be bad if its seven minutes long and everyone is raging about it. It would probably send me over the edge and cause me to drive to Aransas pass and get some frontier justice so Im not going to watch it. I spank our son on the butt. Its never more than once and its never close to hard enough to leave a bruise. I try to hit diaper more than anything to make a loud pop. The goal, my goal, is to get the attention of our son and try to explain that the behavior or choice was bad. Like wise I give as much praise as possible when the behavior or choice is good. Its challenging with an Autistic son but I do my best. I know its for each parent to decide how to punish their kids. I just dont support beating or abuse of any sort. Mental or physical. I know I had my ass beat by my step father (mom's ex husband) when I was a kid. Being that he was a former marine. It was life in the Corp when I was a kid. Swore I wouldn't be like that to my son, and i'm not.

Well, on the positive side the kid seems alright at the end, at least physically. Nothing much gained by watching it, except I got pissed off and wanted to beat the shit out of that guy.

BTW, you may find this article interesting: Changing perceptions: The power of autism : Nature : Nature Publishing Group

Also I taught an undergraduate student in my research group, who (I think) was autistic as well (it was extremely hard to establish a conversation with him). It was pretty challanging working with him, but once I kind of adapted and get him to draw stuff on the board we were working on, it was clear the guy was really smart.

Edited by unreal25
  • Thumbs Up 2