Use Tritton AX Pro 5.1 on M14x

Mokrewl

Hi all,

Is there someone on this forum that knows how to connect the Tritton AX Pro 5.1 headset to the M14X? I tried connecting the analog plugs to the jacks on the laptop and that gives me 5.1 sound on the headset but i can't connect the mic plug since there are only 3 jacks. Hope I make any sense. Thx in advance for trying to help.

regards,

Mok

Seems like its a crappy situation and you have only one choice to use Stereo and the Mic or Use surround sound and use the internal mic of the computer.... sorry if you don't have a mic built into the m14x not sure if it had one... but either way your giving something up if you use surround sound you wont have use of the mic built into headset... maybe you can assign the mic input to the 3rd connector and just plug in 2 surround connectors if lucky you can leave out sub or something channel and that way have room for the mic connector... not sure but you should have a control panel by the sound card maker...

Hi mw86,

Thanks for your answer. At the moment I have the 3 plugs connected that give 5.1 sound and I use the internal mic. It does work altough my friends do complain sometimes that they dont hear me very well in bf3 voice chat. I think it's because they have their gamevolume too loud though ;). Might buy the external creative soundblaster x-fi 5.1 but not after I have played a couple of days using the setup i know have. Later

Hi mw86,

Thanks for your answer. At the moment I have the 3 plugs connected that give 5.1 sound and I use the internal mic. It does work altough my friends do complain sometimes that they dont hear me very well in bf3 voice chat. I think it's because they have their gamevolume too loud though ;). Might buy the external creative soundblaster x-fi 5.1 but not after I have played a couple of days using the setup i know have. Later

Cool glad you have a basic setup working now... i know if i had your surround headphones i wouldn't want to give up 5.1 either... enjoy maybe you can use the windows option thats called microphone boost can add like 20db to the mic.... its in the usual sound menu properties...

hey you have these? Enjoy your Dolby Digital / Prologic games and movies, with full Hardware ProLogic II decoding.

• True 5.1 Digital Audio Headset
  • Powered in-line volume control for PC users with Analog 5.1, the ultimate PC gaming headphone
  • Dolby Digital and Dolby Prologic Certified
  • Digital audio connection for DVD, PC, PS2, PS3, XBOX, XBOX360, and all other devices with Optical digital audio output
  • 8 speakers, 4 in each ear cup
  • Illuminated In-line volume adjustment for Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer controls
  • Includes external 5.1 audio controller
  • Detachable microphone, for PC gamers and XBOX live
  • Compatible Playstation Live compatable Light weight headset with deep circumauraul (around the ears) design allows for comfort even during periods of extended gaming

if so you can try to send the audio over an optical cable which uses a laser to send audio and its in surround and only one cable allowing you to plug in the mic of the headset.... these gaming computers on 1 out of 3 plugins for audio have optical audio and may plug direct in to headphone or require some cheap adapter.... let me know if you need me to elaborate.

Edited by mw86