Alienware m14x i5 Benchmark and Heat Thread!

gamba66

Hi,

Would you m14x owners with an i5 2410m would be so generous to run benchmarks and post the corresponding temperatures for them?

A furmark benchmark with and without prime 95 would also be appreciated!

This could help alot of people on deciding for the i5. In the U.S. its maybe not worth getting but in Germany or other countries in europe its about 200 euro (not dollar!!) cheaper. Now if it also runs cooler than the i7 this would be awesome.

You always have the option to exchange the cpu later on.

So please post benchmarks doesnt matter which ones but please remember:

DO POST THE TEMPERATURES! Under load and idle and say which game..

Many say the CPU runs cool during games but often they dont use the CPU at full load like battlefield bad company 2 or BF3 Beta

Thanks in advance!

Some of the noticeable differences are in the option it doesn't have therefore that is the basis of the difference you are looking to prove or disprove... so you want someone to compare similar clocked Sandybridge with the only difference being the Hyper-threading on and off... so 4core 4thread versus 4core 8thread max... without the test we will know from previous reports of older pre-existing hyper-threading technology that the chip will inherently produce less heat at the same clocks and same threads... but in 4+ threads up to 8 is where that other chip will shine so unless the games you intend to use need the 8threads the i5 will be worth it... except if you are able to use a unlocked bios you can get the 17 and disable hyper-threading if need be but that would defeat the purpose of buying the i5 to save money... so in my opinion its a good deal and good idea to save the money by getting the i5 but if performance is very critical in the decision you may want to stick with hyper-threaded models... if someone runs the tests for you we would know for sure

I see now its a dual core well most of what I said still holds true less core and less threads lowers heat... but if performance is a big priority get the better processor... heat can be curbed by better than stock paste so if in the budget go for the better processor or save the money and upgrade to the best one later...

Edited by mw86