Clevo P150EM + new GTX980m "code 10" won't start

stormyandcold

Update, ok, so I re-installed the card, was perfect first time, but, did it again just in-case. Mine came with the new one-piece heatsink that also has a few black foam strips so taping-up the copper shouldn't be needed now. I also opted for the copper back-plate, I just took the 4 little foam pads off the GTX980m, installed the plate with the 4 tiny screws, then, put the 4 little pads back on in similar position to before (over each of the 4 screws basically).

Well, the "code 10" in device manager seems to be normal. Don't be put off by this, it'll work with modded inf.

I tried a few official drivers thinking it would work, but, they don't. Modded INF is needed.

Did quick search and came across Mr Fox's 345.20 driver and modded inf; this driver is working fine and performance is as expected (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,CLEVO P150EM). My CEG (Germany) card comes with bios 84.04.22.00.12, card is GM204-A revision A1.

So, false alarm.

The strings needed are;

NVIDIA_DEV.13D7 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M"

%NVIDIA_DEV.13D7% = Section152, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7

Now using 358.91 with modded inf. This didn't work first time, I had to use Driver Sweeper to remove all Nvidia drivers, restart, restart again and then installed fine. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9263702