Just wiped my HDD and accidentally erased AlienRespawn

Well, I just got my Alienware m17x R2 and I proceeded to wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows with the Alienware disc. However, when it was wiping I noticed that the HDD had a recovery drive on it, and I'm now pissed at myself for erasing it without checking - because now I no longer have that recovery partition. So, question is, is there a real difference between a clean install and using AlienRespawn? Any special themes or wallpapers or whatever? I mean, what's so special about AlienRespawn?

P.s. Anyone know where I can get an ISO of a disk image with the AlienRespawn recovery image on it? Y'know, the one that you get if you burn your recovery drive to disk.

Don't even think twice about it. Once you update your vbios that recovery partition is pointless for us R2 owners since it contains the older driver that causes the bsod with the latest vbios on boot up.

The clean install doesn't contain the wallpapers, avatars, login screens, etc. You can get all the originals you need from this thread. And the applications and drivers direct from Dell.

• Thumbs Up 2