DELL UP2715K for nMP in Sonnet xMac Pro Server with 980Ti

ibuick

After three days struggling, I finally get 980Ti worked with the nMP.

But new things come out. My DELL UP2715K Display cannot work properly with eGPU.

I have two displays, one is DELL UP2715K which needs two display port link and a HD monitor also uses display port.

When I connect all of those three display ports to 980Ti, the system recognize the DELL UP2715K as two separated display, each is 2560*1440, but the HD display works properly.

Does any one have a DELL UP2715K with a eGPU? I think this has something to do with EDID.

But if I config the DELL UP2715K to use single link 4K mode, it works as usual.

After three days struggling, I finally get 980Ti worked with the nMP.

But new things come out. My DELL UP2715K Display cannot work properly with eGPU.

I have two displays, one is DELL UP2715K which needs two display port link and a HD monitor also uses display port.

When I connect all of those three display ports to 980Ti, the system recognize the DELL UP2715K as two separated display, each is 2560*1440, but the HD display works properly.

Does any one have a DELL UP2715K with a eGPU? I think this has something to do with EDID.

But if I config the DELL UP2715K to use single link 4K mode, it works as usual.

Do you get 5k though?

The monitor works with 2 streams so its normal for OS X to recognise it as 2 different monitors. The main thing is to get 5k on the screen, There is a process you have to follow to get it working. Its not plug and play...

I remember someone saying on MR that there is some sort of process to getting it running, Google will be your friend on this one...

- - - Updated - - -

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/dell-up2715k-5k-monitor.1846203/#post-20971991

Thanks @SimonSays

Well, the 5K works perfect with the builtin D500, I'm using it for more than three months. But when I install GTX 980Ti, and link those two dp from 5k to GTX 980 Ti, the system just recognize it as two separate display.

So, my issue is the 5k display with eGPU.

Thanks,

for now, when I start using the GTX 980Ti, the system always recognize 2715k as two separate display, one this 2560*1440 (half), another is 848*480 (WTF?!!)

I will keep moving on it .