Request. Advanced menu in X220 without 5-5 Beep Problem (RSA checksums and so on).

Sirios

Hi there,

What I need:

1. Unblocked advanced menu in X220 BIOS;

1. Unlocked memory speed 1866 on the systems with active TPM (get rid of "5-5 beeps and delay" problem on start-up without deactivating of TPM itself);

2. SLIC 2.1;

3. No White-list.

I understand it is an uneasy task and to make it possible you need to have some inside info about how TPM operates in Lenovo's X220 and how RSA checksum calculation goes.

XFD

There is RSA signature and SHA-1 checksums block at: 0x740048, RSA public key is located at 0x740A48. Make a HEX diff of modded and original BIOS. If RSA signature or any SHA-1 checksum is invalid and Security chip is enabled you will hear 2x5 beeps bursts on power on.

Here how it looks like:

post.cgi?id=attach:17:49535:4021:3.jpg

post.cgi?id=attach:17:49535:4021:2.jpg

I have SPI programmer and full dump of the BIOS, so I think it is safe to do different experiments.

Thanks in advance.