Cooling PAds - Which one for OC?

Hi guys

I hope this is the right place to post this thread.

I have an Clevo P650SE coming shortly and was wondering if cooling pads are worth the money? Obviously some better than others and some will sound like a plane taking off I'm sure.

What are your recommendations? Maybe we could have "The Rolls Royce" - money no objection and " The Mizer" Budget brand say under $50 and finally "WoTha" one to stay away from at all costs - breaks/poor fans (speed/noise).

All help appreciated -

If you are going to OC yes you'll need it I recommend you to purchase "Thermaltake Massive V20" its for $17.51 on ebay pretty good it has fan controlling speed and its quiet :)!!!!

Thermaltake is a really good brand for cooling products use it! I use it :)! You're welcome!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thats a good recommendation but if you turn the P650se upside down you will notice air intakes at various loca5ions that are not central. So for me I think maybe a dual fan setup might work better.

Has anyone used the AVANTEK CP172 15' cooling pad?

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing to consider is if you want it to be portable or not. When I first got my P150HM, I shopped around for lappy coolers a bit and realized most of them would not fit in my laptop bag if I wanted to travel with it (Alaska has 230W power outlets on most planes now, game at max performance with all but the beefiest rig). Fortunately, being a 15" laptop, the P150HM had dimensions that allow it to just fit inside the Coolermaster U2 and both then will slide into a 17" laptop bag very nicely. Measure the dimensions of your laptop and shop with those a little. I liked the U2 because it is the right size for my laptop, but also had the capability to support additional fans that are very useful after I modded the case.