Ram issue

Phx-Rush

Ok, I need alittle help. I'm running 7 ultimate on a M17XR4 . I thought it could take 24Gb? I installed 2 sticks of Corsair Vengence CMSX8GX3M2B2133C11 ( 4GB) and the laptop boots up , sees the Ram and identifies it. When I put in the 8GB sticks it won't power up, runs a couple of seconds and turns off? I put in the 8GB sticks alone, under the keyboard ,in the bottom ,...........same thing. I put the 4GB sticks anywhere and powers up fine. I even added the older 4GB sticks and it still powers up but clocks to the lower ram. I'm getting a tiny bit irritable , the 8GB sticks are not cheap..........unless someone has a great idea , I'm thinking of sending them back or selling them myself and getting 2 more sticks of 4GB. Help............(CMSX16GX3M2B2133C11 2X8gb)

I decided to send back the two 8GB sticks and order another pair of 4GB sticks(still Corsair Vengeance) and while I had the back opened repasted w/Tuniq TX-4 and changed GPU pads w/Fujipoly XR-m Hi Extreme 17W. Posted fine, saw all 4 sticks ,identified them and life is better :)

• 2 weeks later...