2GB 680M OC problem, Help Needed!

My alienware 17 has a gtx 680m @ 719\900mhz, when OC to 915\1125mhz running heaven 4.0 or middle earth SOM my system freezes and never work until I force shutdown.Does so with anything beyond 900mhz for the gpu or 1200 for mem. Is this Normal?!! also my temps 80 @ stock clocks, is this right?

using the svl7's default clock & voltage mod btw.

My alienware 17 has a gtx 680m @ 719\900mhz, when OC to 915\1125mhz running heaven 4.0 or middle earth SOM my system freezes and never work until I force shutdown.Does so with anything beyond 900mhz for the gpu or 1200 for mem. Is this Normal?!! also my temps 80 @ stock clocks, is this right?

using the svl7's default clock & voltage mod btw.

About 900 stock was waht I got out of my card as well. In the end I dared to venture further (1.050v) and reached 1030mhz at at the max.

It is quite normal that you will have to add a good portion of extra voltage in order to gain some % extra speed - the decision is yours.

Be aware of your power consumption (depending on your PSU). 80 @ stock is quite a good temperature imho.

Best regards

phila

• 2 weeks later...
About 900 stock was waht I got out of my card as well. In the end I dared to venture further (1.050v) and reached 1030mhz at at the max.

It is quite normal that you will have to add a good portion of extra voltage in order to gain some % extra speed - the decision is yours.

Be aware of your power consumption (depending on your PSU). 80 @ stock is quite a good temperature imho.

Best regards

phila

Problem solved!

I did feel abit adventurous and changed the bios with OVing to 1050v,now it works.

I still have a question tho: what is the max gpu clock I can get using the 1000OV bios?