MSI GT70 1763 sound quality copared to MS-1761

Bugii

Hello,

I've recently bought GT70 2qd ms-1763 (the one with 970M), seems to run well apart from the sound.

I cant help myself but if I place the two (GT70 and old GT783) next to each other, the older GT783 sound much much better.

AFAIK both of them have the same speaker system 2.1 dynaudio ...

GT70 sounds much cheaper though, while GT783 has really good and deep sound and bass.

The only difference I could spot is that the GT70 uses "Sound blaster cinema" software while the older uses "THX TruStudio" software.

Both utilities are set to default settings, yet the difference is day and night.

I'm sure Soundblaster cinema software works, since sliding the sliders changes the sound a bit (more bass, mids, ...) but no matter how hard I try, I just cant get it to sound near as good as the old MSI.

I wasnt able to get the THX TruStudio software working on the GT70 though - the app runs but changes nothing, EQ sliders do nothing.

Do these two laptops have different sound card ? If so, could it be this different ? and why would a newer model get a soundcard worse than modern smartphones?

I know it's really hard to explain how it sounds, but trust me, the new GT70 sounds like a 400eur worth acer. GT783 sounds amazing..for a notebook.

I'm using same realtek drivers version in both, the only difference is the EQ utility and I cant get the THX to work in the new device.

Anybody had the same issue ? any ideas ?

Ok, found a problem, AudioBoost doesnt work.

After reinstalling drivers, sound is clear now, but it's too quiet. old MSI is about 30% louder, hence Audioboost.

Not sure what to do at this point since there are no drivers or anything for audioboost chip.