Nvidia 460/580M drivers

Hello all, i am new to this site, i would like to say hello to all and apologize if this thread is on the wrong section.

I've bought an M18X, and it is a beast of a machine, but it has only one problem...the drivers. The drivers that Dell issued are the 267.64, and they are quite old. Nvidia has issued the 275.33 and the beta 275.50 (or .55, can't recall), but, as we try to download and install the drivers, they won't work, as the dread "Can't find any compatible graphics driver" message appears. We tried modding the .inf file, and the installation worked, but as soon as we try to turn on SLI, the driver simply turns off.

And now that the 580M graphics cards are out, it seems that people who have received them are getting the error message as well and that the driver is also based on the 26x.xx arquitechture. As someone here succeeded in installing the new drivers and having them work with SLI? Or are we doomed to have these nasty and old drivers always?

Hello @NecroSavant , welcome to our forum. Let me ask you after you modded the .inf did you perform a clean installation by completely removing the Dell drivers or did you install them on top?

Hello there, thank you for the welcome. Yes, i basically copied the .inf file to the display.driver folder, ran the install, and selected clean installation. If your talking about using DriverSweeper or CClean, i also tried that way, and it worked (on both times), but turn on SLI, restart and the drivers is gone (on both times)