AZIO Levetron Mech5 Worth it?

I have heard great things about the keyboard, and it looks great. Perhaps the best thing I like about it would have to be the modular numpad and modular macro railpad.

However, I have heard from people that have had disconnect issues. My friend owns this keyboard and he tells me this only happens once every time he starts up but it comes back. The reviews I read however say that this keyboard disconnects permanently for those customers.

So what I am try to ask is that do you guys have this problem? I am asking because this is the only hurdle in my way of buying this keyboard, as I love everything about it aside from the disconnect issue that other people seem to be having. Also, if you do have this problem and its too much for you, can you recommend a similar keyboard to the AZIO Levetron Mech5?