I7 4700MQ runs hot in Clevo P150SM

wersuss

Hi all, I have clevo p150sm with i7 4700mq processor, and it gets very hot when making Intel stress goes up to 98c instantly with stock speeds and voltage.

With undervolt to -80mV and setting 4 active cores to 3GHZ temperature goes to 91 - 94c , I did repaste with Ic essential e2 and it's worse now than before, tried just little paste, tried a lot, nothing still same. Any help?

I had similar issues when I tried using Liquid ultra on the cpu heatsink of my np9377sm-a. I believe the cause was there was too much gap between the die and the heatsink. I had to resort to a thicker paste like ic diamond or gc extreme to properly mate the cpu and heatsink.

Hello. Thank you for replies! You are both right, looks like there is a gap on left lower screw side.die contact, when I removed heatsink carefully on that side of die is more paste, everywhere else is almost dry.

Hello there. Just got 2 pastes I ordered it's MX-2 and Arctic Silver 5. Repasted with MX-2 and can't believe temperature is down from 99c max to 78c max on intel memory stress test. So there was a good gap. :) This paste is much thicker.

I just bought a u2 plus notebook cooler with the moveable fans.. Seems to make a difference.. Went from getting 92C in furmark at 720p benchamrk to 85 ish. I have the fans placed slightly towards the left side of the laptop under the vents.If anyone took the time to figure the optimal place to put em please share.