GTX980m into p370sm NOT sm-a

louis1978uk

Ok running prema system bios from his website (premamod.com)

Just pulled a shiny gtx980m from my p570wm now ive finished benching for today only to find its plug and play i fitted it powered up booted straight into windows 8.1 card was seen correctly in device manager and showing driver installed already..

Ran a benchmark no dramas scored as expected 12711 gpu score in 3dmark 11..

so no modded inf nonsense plug n play upgrade guys n girlies (sli gtx780m were running in this machine until swapping in the 980m)

fantastic result!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/9087922

and there is her virgin 1st run only 4300 clock on the cpu.

Small update,stuffed the 980m into my brothers p370sm3 and took his sli 780m's out bios shows "unknown" under vga and there is a 5second delay of black screen then boots normally in windows disabled driversigning(windows 8.1) installed 344.75 nvidia driver with modded inf(after driver signing reboot that is).

rebooted again having re enabled driver signing all good bench mark was near identical to above p370sm... no dramas running idle in the very low 30s with ambient 22degrees.. max after a 3dmark 11 run was 62 degrees using arctic mx4 machine ran cool quiet and smooth lovely upgrade for anyone out there.

120hz works great but of course no 3D Vision as expected...