MS-16F31 Motherboard will not start

iTzZent

hello,

I bought a motherboard MS-16F31 me about a year ago from Asia, but it could not test because the power board of my MS-16F2 barebone is not compatible. In the meantime, I once had a power board from a GT60 here and was able to test just the motherboard, since it ran. I was only briefly in the Bios and have the motherboard because spotted again, because there was no time more. Now I have GT70 Complete housing and was able to test the MS-16F31 motherboard extensively.

Oddly, it will not start now. It only flashes the power button every 5 seconds in white and the fan makes 1-2 turns. I have tested it with some parts ...

- i5-2410M

- I7 2670QM

- Tested 1GB Samsung DDR3 in all slots

- 2x4GB DDR3 tested Samsung in all slots

- GTX460M

- GTX770M

- 150W PSU

- 180W PSU

- Another CMOS battery

- With and without battery

It is still not connected HDD adapter, but I do not think that it is dadran. The motherboard is where fitted completely in GT70 housing, Sämmtliche cables are connected.

Where had I tested the motherboard then the GT60 Power Board, it was not installed. As was the i7 CPU, 1x 4GB Ram and the GTX460M installed, tested with the 150 PSU.

Maybe someone knows here's the problem and can help me there on.

• 2 weeks later...
hello,

Oddly, it will not start now. It only flashes the power button every 5 seconds in white and the fan makes 1-2 turns.

Hey iTzZent,

Just try this "nasty" trick:

Install exact. cpu model & memory module(s) plus GFX as was in that last time where you can enter "normally" into system BIOS.

Then switch notebook On / Off. After that unplug/remove one of installed memory modules and (or) try to reset EC as well by removing main and backup (RTC) battery plus unplug notebook from AC power, then hold power On/Off button for some seconds...

Now check it by plugging only AC power and press On - If no go, continue with removing (or replace) an another memory module and try again...

This will reset cpu System agent portion of motherboard BIOS booting process into "non-stucked" state so it will allows you to going into system BIOS again.

If success, last step - In BIOS Load Optimized defaults & save changes. Then you can re-insert RTC battery.

My Asus G750 and some Alienwares have a NVRAM to store BIOS settings, removing the CMOS battery does nothing for me. In fact I forgot to install the CR battery back in slot like 3 months ago and it sits on my desk. Laptop has absolutelly no issue without CMOS battery.

The only option would be to reset the NVRAM area of BIOS chip, either by removing components and reinstalling until it happens or by rewriting the BIOS chip with another BIOS that will clear it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk