Need help on pcie link width

Hello all,pls help me...

I got Alienware m18x intel HM67 chipset,ddr 3 1600mhz......problem is that my gpu gtx 780m 4gb vram runs on load at pcie 2.0 x4..........but is capable to run at pcie 2.0x16(and pcie 3.0x16).I run only single gpu

.post-21049-14494998426994_thumb.gif That is gpuz screenshot...pls help.and forget my cpu are i7 2960xm

Hello...thats right on max load gpu its stays on x4.....than i try to remove gpu clean everything and switch back....thx for reply

- - - Updated - - -

and in gpuz pcie line it says that some powersaving feature is messing up,but i stick only on max performance...and on max gpu load pcie link width change from x4 1.1 to x4 2.0

Thx,i know it and now on max load it still stays on x8,i checked it via gpuz,cpuz,nvidia inspector and hwinfo64.Ok i know i got 2 gpu system and cpu split x16 to both slots...but i use only single gpu and in bios i disabled 2nd pcie slot.Someone pls help me on this!!!

Hello,

On single gpu systems pcie speed is x16. On dual gpu systems it splits to x8 for a card. You won't have any use for x16 for each card because x8 is much more than single card use, even GTX 880M. So everything works correctly. On my system there are two Radeon HD6990M and x8 speed for each.

Regards