Switching from 17 to 18 have some questions

kfxsti

I am planning on snagging a 18 here in the next few hours. I am currently running a 780m in my 17 and was wondering would the 860m sli be a good choice? or will the 770m sli?

as the 780m sli and 880m sli is out of the budget as it stands right now. any help is greatly appreciated !!

Looks like trying to get over the performance of a single 780m by getting Sli of slightly lower models... but under 780m sli because of budget. I would get the 780m again single personally and then someday down the line upgrade to the second card for Sli. Since its just adding a second card with heatsink and the Sli cable :)

Thanks guys for the Input. Im really thinking of getting the 18 with 765s in sli. Then swapping out the 765s.. putting one 765 in the 17 and the gtx780m in the 18. Then trying to find another 780m. But i have found an awesome deal on the 18 with dual 770m .... LOL im torn .. so very torn...

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys for the Input. Im really thinking of getting the 18 with 765s in sli. Then swapping out the 765s.. putting one 765 in the 17 and the gtx780m in the 18. Then trying to find another 780m. But i have found an awesome deal on the 18 with dual 770m .... LOL im torn .. so very torn...

If the deal is that great then go for the 770m sli, then maybe you can sell one 770m and the 780m and get whatever is the best at that time and put it on the 18, leave one 770m in the 17.