Msi GT683R Lack of brightness Power Supply?

hernanisilvaa

Hi

I have a msi gt683r with a upgrade of a gtx 670m gpu, i have a problem with the brightness, in Windows and in bios, when i press fn+Up(brightness) keys it doesnt work correctly, the brightness of the lcd goes up and down and sometimes it flickers, but the worst thing is that the lcd is little to dark...

PS: The lcd leds is working and the vga cable is fine.

Im using a gt660r power supply 19.5v-7.7A, does anyone knows if my ms16-f2 and gtx 670m needs more power and it might be this the problem?

Does anyone had this problem and know the solution?

Thank you for your help...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Hi

I have a msi gt683r with a upgrade of a gtx 670m gpu, i have a problem with the brightness, in Windows and in bios, when i press fn+Up(brightness) keys it doesnt work correctly, the brightness of the lcd goes up and down and sometimes it flickers, but the worst thing is that the lcd is little to dark...

PS: The lcd leds is working and the vga cable is fine.

Im using a gt660r power supply 19.5v-7.7A, does anyone knows if my ms16-f2 and gtx 670m needs more power and it might be this the problem?

Does anyone had this problem and know the solution?

Thank you for your help...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

its not power supply issue for sure.

Are you sure it doesnt work even in BIOS ?

It should work right after you turn the pc ON - during MSI logo.

It might not work in windows - in taht case its vBIOS issue.

But if it flickers, I'd try to reseat the gpu (take it out and put it back in.) also try to open/close lid - it might be loose cable.

Hi

Thank your your anwser, yes in bios and in Windows it happens the same, when i press fn+UP the brightness goes up and down.

The term i use is wrong not flickers the led light sometimes goes up and down without touching anything, i think i have to make a vídeo so people can understand what im talking about.

I think it can be the vbios i bought this card in ebay from mokkin, and i had to make a modded driver for it, i already search modded vbios for gtx 670m and no luck.

thank you