6970m to 6990m - Dell M6600

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and wanted help regarding my card. I read in here and in other forums about the ES of 6970m being flashed to 6990M. I have a dell precision M6600. The laptop comes with a Firepro M8900 which is a renamed 6970M. The other day as I was repasting it, I took some pictures just for DIY. I read svl7's posts from before and as I check my M8900 has a black PCB and Hynix memory chips (gpuz). Sadly I did not take any pictures of the front as all the part number stickers were on the back, So I don't know if it is an ES version or not. Need help identifying and flashing it to 6990M if it is an ES version. Regards

P.S: This is a refurb unit.

imgur: the simple image sharer

• 2 months later...

The black pcb alone is not conclusive, neither are the part numbers on the back; these all refer to the full card.

The only way to be certain is, unfortunately, to look for ENG on the chip itself ... not even "atiflash -ai" command will help, it gets its information from the vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1