m6600 with new gtx680m

Hello, guys! Sorry for my english. I made upgrade gpu dell precision m6600 from ati 6970m to nvidia gtx680m(dell card from alienware)

GTX680 was flashed with the newest bios from this site(dell 680m gtx 80.04.5b.00.02). and i get strange result. In default mode my laptop

works +- normal, at load i mean. under combuster w/o oc i had various GPU load from 90 to 99%, but gpu freq is const. WTF?

post-19645-14494997024065_thumb.jpg

Yeap throttling works at 76C. but are your bios chenge it to 85c? Freq go to down its ok. but from where these steps without frequency falling?

In OC mode i have accident. more more more steps at temperature 73-74C w/o freq falling.

post-19645-14494997024259_thumb.jpg

I download throttlestop. and i turn it on. and my laptop works perfectly.

post-19645-14494997024438_thumb.jpg

its software problem or need some modification in my bios/vbios??

• 1 month later...
Hello, guys! Sorry for my english. I made upgrade gpu dell precision m6600 from ati 6970m to nvidia gtx680m(dell card from alienware)

GTX680 was flashed with the newest bios from this site(dell 680m gtx 80.04.5b.00.02). and i get strange result. In default mode my laptop

works +- normal, at load i mean. under combuster w/o oc i had various GPU load from 90 to 99%, but gpu freq is const. WTF?

[ATTACH]10772[/ATTACH]

Yeap throttling works at 76C. but are your bios chenge it to 85c? Freq go to down its ok. but from where these steps without frequency falling?

In OC mode i have accident. more more more steps at temperature 73-74C w/o freq falling.

[ATTACH]10773[/ATTACH]

I download throttlestop. and i turn it on. and my laptop works perfectly.

[ATTACH]10774[/ATTACH]

its software problem or need some modification in my bios/vbios??

what PSU are you using?

Even without throttlestop, you should be able to maintain the gpu clock stable if you have enought power.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...