Help with first build!

Hello, I'm planning on building my first desktop for school. I'm an architecture student and will be using Revit, Sketchup, PhotoShop n Illustrator. I want to build something powerful enough to make my renderings a breeze. I am on a budget tho, since still going to school n I'm trying to keep it under $800. I already have a couple of monitors I just need the CPU?

If anyone has time, could you please help me out. What motherboard? Processor? N especially the video card? Thanks for any help!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My advice, especially if you are a on a budget would be to focus on the best processor you can afford, while leaving money for the other stuff. I like the advice of i5/8GB. That should give you ample performance, while hopefully providing room for upgrade later. With that software you will want some kind of GPU, but you'd be surprised what you can get for not much money (you can always upgrade or go dual/Sli/Crossfire later, if you need the 3D responsiveness). Speaking of upgrade, you will find the ability to upgrade in the motherboard, and specifically the chipset. Look for a motherboard that also supports faster CPU/FSB and you will save money in the long-run. Buying a quality motherboard is very important, but if budget does not allow, that can be targeted for upgrade later. What you need is the processing to get work done for now. (Sometimes you will find a great value in used or bundled systems that have a few quality pieces to start with).