Insurance or Extended Warranty for Gaming Laptop?

I have the opportunity through a retailer to either get an extended warranty for parts/labor (which does not cover accidents) or, instead, I could buy a full insurance policy for my laptop. Full insurance coverage costs a lot more (2.5 times as much), but will provide replacement cost coverage with accidental protection rather than having to sit around without a laptop while shipping it back to the manufacturer, hoping they can fix it, and ship it back. The insurance policy I was looking at is through the Worth Ave Group, and the extended warranty I would be considering is through XoticPC/Sager. Does anyone have any experience working with either of these companies or an opinion on which might be the best option in the long run (over the next three years)? Thanks!

Surprised no one has responded.

I bought the 5 year warranty through Xotic it cost me around 250 because of the sale they are having, With my previous computer I had only gotten a 1 year before and it died literally 2 days after the warranty ended (power pin broke). Xotic was nice enough to honor it even though it was 3 days late, Xotic is solid and to be honest with the 3,000 laptops you should be willing to shell out at least 10% of the laptops value for a warranty.

so if yours cost 2500 = 250 warranty, 1000= 100 warranty. Thats my logic now at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same luck with my school pc. My macbook died 5 days after the warranty expired, but Apple still replaced it for free.

My Alienware laptop however has been having issues and Dell just seems to not want to help(I am still on warranty for 3 more months).

With a squaretrade warranty I was able to get my other Windows pc replaced easily with no hassle.

If you feel the deal you are getting on the manufacturers warranty is good then just stick with it. I always go with a manufacturers warranty at the least due to my terrible luck with electronics lately. I am very careful however so I never buy the accidental coverage, just the failure coverage.