Just installed the 580m

Leo14

Well, finally I installed my 580m, of course I finish at 4 am so I am very tired, but I have a quick question as I'm going to sleep in a few minutes and was hoping someone could just answer this real quick for me... It doesn't seem as if my computer is recognizing the fact it has a 580m now, in device manager it isn't even listed. I'm doing a clean install real quick of the drivers, or at least I think I am doing a "clean" install.. and hopefully this will work, but I'm under the assumption that I need to use an unlocked bios??? If someone could chime in and help that be much appreciated, also I wanted to thank you guys again as I would have never been able to do this without this forum

Well, finally I installed my 580m, of course I finish at 4 am so I am very tired, but I have a quick question as I'm going to sleep in a few minutes and was hoping someone could just answer this real quick for me... It doesn't seem as if my computer is recognizing the fact it has a 580m now, in device manager it isn't even listed. I'm doing a clean install real quick of the drivers, or at least I think I am doing a "clean" install.. and hopefully this will work, but I'm under the assumption that I need to use an unlocked bios??? If someone could chime in and help that be much appreciated, also I wanted to thank you guys again as I would have never been able to do this without this forum

I think you need a modded .inf in order to install the drivers.

nvdmn.zip

Extract the drivers you want with winrar - open display.driver folder - extract the archive I uploaded and place the file named nvdmn in display.driver folder - click back and run setup.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you need a modded .inf in order to install the drivers.

[ATTACH]9630[/ATTACH]

Extract the drivers you want with winrar - open display.driver folder - extract the archive I uploaded and place the file named nvdmn in display.driver folder - click back and run setup.

Thanks, but my system recognized that it has the 580m in it now. I believe the clean install worked fine, as nvidia GeForce Experience says 580m, so does system information, also now curious about overclocking..

580M supported card (Clevo still 04901028)...modding is not required, clean install try (safe mode recommended) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V9.6.1 / first uninstall option - single step.

Hmmm, what signs would I look for if the drivers weren't installed successfully the way I did it? (just a clean install of the current drivers from the website, once I did that everything recognized the 580m) I'm concerned right now about this mouse lag when I look around, nt all the time but often.. GPU is performing well though, at least to my standards. Temps haven't gone above 69 degrees with Realtemp

I'm not sure. I'll try those tho, as I still get some chop and framerate doesn't seem to be where it should.. Temps sometimes peaking 76 degrees highest. Is that of concern? Should I check my thermal paste/thermal pads job?

I'm not sure. I'll try those tho, as I still get some chop and framerate doesn't seem to be where it should.. Temps sometimes peaking 76 degrees highest. Is that of concern? Should I check my thermal paste/thermal pads job?

Windows power management -> RUN > type powercrg.cpl -> Set high performance

Nvidia Control Panel (look for the driver version) -> Manage 3D settings > Program Settings > Power management mode -> Set all games to high performance.

Re-paste every time the heatsink is removed, mine R3/580M max temps 65C.

Install v331.82 then try GeForce 314.22 Driver if the problem persists.

Windows power management -> RUN > type powercrg.cpl -> Set high performance

Nvidia Control Panel (look for the driver version) -> Manage 3D settings > Program Settings > Power management mode -> Set all games to high performance.

Re-paste every time the heatsink is removed, mine R3/580M max temps 65C.

Install v331.82 then try GeForce 314.22 Driver if the problem persists.

Battery mode I always have set to high performance/game booster plan (I've been using Razer Game Booster, which takes over the battery plan for it's own) I have installed the v331.82 drivers when I first put the card in, I re-pasted, re thermal padded, haven't been able to join in a game yet and test temps.. but it started and didn't blow up on me:excitement:

Thank you guys for all of your input and help, it is really appreciated, I can't express my gratitude enough.

edit: not sure what you meant by windows power management > run > type powercrg.cpl > set high performance. Were you talking about the battery icon performance options? balanced/high performance etc?

Just did an hour of BF4, still got some chop but overall it seems to be way better. I did lower some settings though half way through (not sure if you know/play BF4, but I'm having trouble finding a perfect balance between performance/quality... not sure what my framerate was throughout that, but most settings on high/medium, SSAO.. not sure why I'd be getting chop/framerate chop.. my ping was 11, temps were dramatically improved (in my eyes) peaking at just 70 degrees, 50-55ish when idling/not in game. It was running smoother though.. Even when the skyscraper fell (after that I turned down textures from high to medium) and was pretty good. The only thing I can think of is that it is my cpu. Max temps around 75, now I did not repaste my CPU (I know, why?) So maybe doing that will help with the chop? As I think its because when I turn, it loads in a buncha crap and since I have a basic ass i7 it glitches? Is that because of heat, or because it's weak? Or maybe it's because I don't have a SSD?

edit: did a "analyze" in Razer Game booster, came up with this. Should I be concerned?

1201 - Time : 11/25/2013 11:21:40 AM

1202 - Source : Application Error

1203 - Description : Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7601.17567, time stamp: 0x4d672ee4

Faulting module name: powercpl.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ce7c981

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000007fee7432ecc

Faulting process id: 0x890

Faulting application start time: 0x01cee98871549855

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

Faulting module path: powercpl.dll

Report Id: b28aa5e9-5580-11e3-9bf6-7ce9d3bf5d3a

1201 - Time : 11/25/2013 10:46:59 AM

1202 - Source : WinMgmt

1203 - Description : Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

1201 - Time : 11/25/2013 10:46:03 AM

1202 - Source : Application Error

1203 - Description : Faulting application name: STacSV64.exe, version: 1.0.6314.0, time stamp: 0x4cf34402

Faulting module name: STacSV64.exe, version: 1.0.6314.0, time stamp: 0x4cf34402

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000001e70c

Faulting process id: 0x478

Faulting application start time: 0x01cee9886b7b56c8

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\STacSV64.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\STacSV64.exe

Report Id: b8deb738-557b-11e3-9bf6-7ce9d3bf5d3a

1201 - Time : 11/25/2013 7:50:58 AM

1202 - Source : Bonjour Service

1203 - Description : Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 47347021

1203 - Description : Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 47347021

1203 - Description : Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second

1201 - Time : 11/24/2013 6:41:58 PM

1203 - Description : Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 7004

1203 - Description : Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 7004

1203 - Description : Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second

1201 - Time : 11/24/2013 6:41:57 PM

1203 - Description : Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 6006

Okay now I have another concern, as I don't know what the hell is going on nor can I find an answer. Black screen/freezing has happened twice/3 times. With some purple pixels (?) Please don't tell me I fucked something up real bad..

edit: not sure what you meant by windows power management > run > type powercrg.cpl > set high performance. Were you talking about the battery icon performance options? balanced/high performance etc?

Correct, set windows power options/NV control Panel and uninstall Game Booster, under the card check that the big thermal pad is properly placed/black isolating plastic + thermal pad placement - take pics, new card ?

Correct, set windows power options/NV control Panel and uninstall Game Booster, under the card check that the big thermal pad is properly placed/black isolating plastic + thermal pad placement - take pics, new card ?

Uninstalled Game Booster, everything set to high performance, will check to see if the big thermal pad is properly placed (pretty sure I just left it on the back of the card when I took it out to repaste before) and thermal pad placement is probably the issue, well not as much placement but the amount of thermal pad(?) I mean, I did the two big black strips.. the two square ones, a thin strip above those, and to the right there was like a square.. I think that sums it up, but IIRC NOW... I may or may not have used the correct amount of layering for the thermal pads.. I'll have to go back to your guide, then double check again on the card, but then this will mean I have to repaste again right..? Hopefully I still have paste LOL

True, although I just realized I may have accidentally forgot to put layers of thermal pad on the thinner top parts... But it's a dell card, had the bracket pre installed and everything. I haven't really gotten to play around with the game, but the crashing worried me so I did take some pics but I didn't really get to show much.. But ill post them. Also, any reason why my CPU won't stay unparked..? when I try to manually do so in regedit nothing happens.

post-474-1449499647179_thumb.jpg

I'm crashing, just got these blue screens with some purpleness to it!?!?!?!?! Did I somehow f*ck up my mobo?????? How is this even possible, I can't find anything on these purple pixels and black screen to restart to starting to BSOD to starting to BSOD to starting fine. Temps high 61 while just browsing some internets.. couldn't get the temps before when I was playing though.. was a little choppy, got progressively worse almost it felt. Then eased up, came back in some spots. Is it because I unparked my CPU?? Could that even make these purple pixels/black screen? Or is it just something to do with the drivers this time???

post-474-14494996470987_thumb.png

Mmmmmmm great.. It works then doesn't. Getting these weird squares purple/green.. Then white, I have a pic ill post soon. If I can get it to start and stay on without crashing and freezing. I installed the 314 drivers and did okay tho so I don't really understand why it's still doing it

Well I reinstalled the newest drivers reflashed my vbios and seemed to be steady. Temps went up to like 67 during like 10 minutes of gameplay. No crashes. Left it running just on desktop wit everything closed to see if it's stable

I'm still concerned as to why temps are ranging from 55-60 degrees on idle, and also still at 75 degrees peak temps after a couple hours, and my settings were a mix of medium/low with a few high.. stable 60 frames tho, or so... was pretty stable I must say tho, I had a positive KD each game tonight, so it must be working. I just wish I could run higher then those settings without getting that tear/chop when looking around :( hopefully this stays working, I'd be quite pleased. If the temps stay around 75/under 80 that's fine? I mean I haven't seen them go over 80 and if they do I'll be sure to shutdown

Edit: RIGHT AFTER I posted this I get those purple/green squares to a freeze to a black screen to a reboot.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA800D540330

BCP2: FFFFF8800F39FE64

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000002

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\112713-23712-01.dmp

C:\Users\Brian Leo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-88124-0.sysdata.xml

"windows has encountered a problem" showed that, not really sure what the hell it means or tells you.. going to google search it a bit, but damn.. can't believe that happened. It happened right after I opened up youtube, after closing my browser.

Edit. Repasted, and now start up idle temps are 44! I think it's safe to say it's working properly now. Going to try it out see what happens.

Edit. And now the white dashes are back all over. Followed shortly by blue screens, a purpleish screen then a beep

Edit. Switched the bios main display to sg instead of peg(integrated instead of the gfx card, had done this to fix blue screens)

When I go back to PEG after reinstalling drivers, the same white lines pop up, boxes, crashing... I can "exchange" the card apparently, according to the seller, kinda stuck at what to do here guys.. could use some input, thanks again.