[HELP] Possible brick with the vbios flash

inyue

Just posting here because it is the only similar thread I found discussing this particular issue and I have been able to resolve it.

I own a clevo p170em and had the exact same issue as OP when upgrading my vBIOS (GTX680m) before making sure my BIOS was the latest version (it was 1.00.07 and 1.00.06 EC).

I was scared to not be able to update my system bios fast enough without the discrete GPU installed as the computer would shut down shortly after starting a series of 34 or 4 beeps. I found that it would alternate between 2 short beeps then 32 long beeps and 1 short beep and 3 longer beeps.

To maximize my chances of having enough time to update the BIOS I removed all my HDDs and DVD player. With everything removed, I made a USB DOS drive with Prema's files for stock p170em BIOS and renamed "update.bat" to "x.bat" so I would only have to enter 1 letter then press enter to start the update. I made sure to start the update on a run with 2 short beeps and 32 long beeps and was surprised that after the first step of the update, the computer did not even start beeping and finished the update successfully.

After reassembling the computer (with the gtx680m), everything booted up just fine. So for anyone with the same issue, your computer is not bricked yet. You just have to update your system BIOS to the latest stock and it should work.

Good luck!